Mayhems Black Pastel Coolant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayhems Black Pastel Coolant

Don't know if this is the forum to post this or not (if not, I'm sure someone will move it to the appropriate place)...

So I was watching a video from TTL (TimeToLiveCustoms) this afternoon; rather boring stuff for the most part, we all know how Tom can ramble on (and on and on). Until I got to about the 20:25 mark in the video. Seems he had put Mayhems Black Pastel coolant in his "Orca" rig, and within only a few weeks discovered that his "oil-slick" black had turned a hot chocolate color.

If y'all skip to 20:25 (runs until about 32:35) you'll be able to see and hear what Tom now thinks about Mayhems coolant " Willing to bet a months wages this coolant (XSPC Blood Red) ain't gonna ****in' change color"
    AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

This is why I stick to Feser one and do not venture into next big thing.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Wow. What a pain in the ass. Thanks for the video...was worth a watch!

Comment

Thanks brechan! Nice to have you back!!
        Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Sorry for the late reply...

I find it sad in a way; Tom has been a huge spokesperson for Mayhems, and because of Mick's crappy attitude towards the general public (that's us folks that buy his products), he has lost a valuable commodity. It's not the first time he's snubbed a customer; when I tried contacting him through Facebook about the Aurora fiasco, he immediately got defensive and blamed me for not doing my research, etc.

With this thing with Tom; Tom did everything that Mick told him to do (to make the coolant work in his system), right down to who's tubing to use in the system and still the coolant failed.

I have to agree with Daz; to hell with trying these products that in comparison are just like the bathtub gin in days of old, and stick with coolants that have been "lab tested" by reputable manufacturers.
          AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Comment

Right on brechan!!

I scratched my head when I heard Tom say he went over and above to ensure the coolant would work.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Tom says in his video (or maybe he implied this) that the black coolant is something new from Mayhems? All this is further proof for me to stick with distilled water and daz protector!
            Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Mind you; some of us can still be fooled by some of the more reputable coolant manufacturers.

For example; while doing my latest upgrade, I realized at the last moment that I had forgotten to order red (UV) coolant from Daz, so I ordered some EKWB Blood Red UV coolant from ncix.com. while leak testing I wanted to see the cool UV effect running through my new system (reverse motherboard setup in AZZA genesis 9000 chassis)...when I turned on a couple of Daz's UV LED strips, no UV effect at all

So I emailed EKWB and ncix.com to find out exactly what was going on here. The email I got from EKWB stated that the only UV (reactive) coolant they sell is UV Blue and UV Green; while the bottle I have has got UV properties in it, this is for "performance" enhancement only...so not UV reactive..

Long story short; I should have scrolled down to the customer reviews as Neo182 had already stated in his review that the coolant wasn't UV reactive. The lesson learned here is that even though a product says that it's one thing; check the reviews, it may not be what it says.

Comment

It angers me that companies are getting away with this! If their own packaging/labels say it's UV then it MUST be UV!!!!

Didn't the cigarette companies get fined massively because they said smoking wasn't addictive when it is????

Aside from not buying products from these companies, I wish there was something we as a world-wide community could do.
                Mario

Comment

It's all crap, caters to the ricer crowd ! And Corsair Tom is just a puppet swayed by the different manufacturers ie CORSAIR
                  3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Still, if a coolant bottle says it's UV, then it should be UV. I also don't think coloured coolant should change colours.
                    Mario

Comment

Ek does not make it, so it may come bad infor from Nanoxia or whoever ...

As I remember Ek never advertised that as UV. I did not know that they have typo on label although.
                      Last edited by DazMode; 05-06-2013, 11:29 PM.
                      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                      Venom Build: Build Log,
                      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                      Orange Build: Final Video
                      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

You are right but they are vague with the actual specs so that you can't really nail them for it. Just refuse to buy it and when he gets stuck with a shitload of substandard product maybe he'll get the picture.
                        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Working...
                        X