Retina Displays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retina Displays

Does anyone out there use a retina display monitor ? Was looking at a Catleap Yamakasi 27 inch retina display and wondered if anyone used anything similar to it and had some input into it's quality and or features.
    3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

I know they look great

they are IPS right?

I think they are the same screens as on my new dell

Comment

Yes IPS, I believe they are a Samsung screen.
      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

there fantastic 2560x1440 res

I know my photo's improved alot when I got the new screen lol

Comment

I have two ipads with and without retina display. It is better read with retina as letters really sharp. The rest is mute point as there is not much content in that resolution.
          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
          Venom Build: Build Log,
          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
          Orange Build: Final Video
          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

is that the display that can be "overclocked" to a higher refresh rate? i think you have to order them from middle east and read online that the shipping is ruff and considered risky.
            Orange GT Build
            Orange V8 GT Build
            Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

self answered my question yes it is, some ppl boost it over 120hz depending of the exact model.
              Orange GT Build
              Orange V8 GT Build
              Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Middle East ! You are kidding I hope, they come from South Korea and a lot of them can OC the refresh. Yanking your chain, I'm sure you meant Far East. Very few get damaged they pay for shipping and are really good with customer support. Takes time for shipping but I'm patient, nothing else to do in a straight jacket. Click image for larger version

Name:	images (21).jpg
Views:	4
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	75271

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                  I have two ipads with and without retina display. It is better read with retina as letters really sharp. The rest is mute point as there is not much content in that resolution.
                  Cool, Two Ipads ?

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
                    Cool, Two Ipads ?
                    Technically my wife has Retina model

Comment

same here 2 ipads love em

wife has the better one here too

Comment

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
                        same here 2 ipads love em

wife has the better one here too
                        Early adapters curse!

Comment

Same thing here
                          2 ipad with retina

But retina dispay is only a comercial name from apple to call a any screen with a Minimum pixel density
                          I can name my screen with 2560x1600 a retina dispay

Comment

Thanx, that's great and I was under the impression it was only 2560 x 1440 which obviously excellent as well !

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                              Technically my wife has Retina model
                              The wife always gets the better one! Happy wife, happy life, I guess!
                              Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Working...
                              X