Photography and the hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photography and the hardware

Just wanted to have a tread where we can talk about photography, share tips on how to enjoy this hobby and different hardware associated to them. I just made the jump today and bought myself a Nikon D3200. no lens yet that will come later on after i learned some of the basic of photography and also can afford something that is worth it. looking forward to making more for you all to look at in my build logs and more.
    Orange GT Build
    Orange V8 GT Build
    Ice Phoenix Build

ya! we all need more of this!
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

Would listen to any advice as my method is to make 100 shots and take 1 that good
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Same thing for me

But now my ratio is better, 20 for 5 good

I really need a good camera

My main tips is light
        Everything is light

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
          Would listen to any advice as my method is to make 100 shots and take 1 that good
          Not Me, I take 1 picture and wish I had taken 100 so I can get a good one. LOL
          3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by snef View Post
            My main tips is light
            Everything is light
            Can't agree more. After blowing pile of cash on expensive A/V equipment I don't see as much improvement as from proper lights set.
            Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
            Not Me, I take 1 picture and wish I had taken 100 so I can get a good one. LOL
            That's me making my home improvements!

Comment

Ha ! Ha !
              3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Agree with Snef...lighting is everything

few tips

for Hardware parts make a poor mans lightbox works the best....see my thread here http://www.dazmode.com/_forum/showth...Man-s-Lightbox

always use a tripod

set your cam on lowest ISO setting,like ISO 100
                with low ISO you must have no Camera movement

use self timer when taking the pics ...movement from pushing button causes shake
                turn off flash
                turn off overhead lights you have on
                i use the twisted bulbs for nice white light and bounce the light off white foam/paper for best results

dont point the bulb direct to object diffused light is better

take lots of pics from different angles,then you have alot to choose from and find the interesting ones

I have started making a YT video about Buildlog photography,is a tougher topic than I thought for a vid
                but will get it done eventually

Comment

thank for all the tips, before i even get in to much detail i'll need to learn the camera's different setting. my friend as a nikon D90 with the whole the whole kits needed to do must different types of pictures and he agreed to take me somewhere so we may take pictures and talk about different Technics to help me learn. it's the tulips festival here in Ottawa so we may go there this weekend as it would be a good place to start.

would you think the LED kit i bought would be a good way to setup lighting for light box FF?
                  Orange GT Build
                  Orange V8 GT Build
                  Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

maybe not LED (IDK)... but you can see from snef, that a monitor with white screen makes good lighting, and for sure we all got a couple of those...
                    HAF932 Mods
                    C70 Mods

Comment

white led's seem to put out a blue/purple hue of light

I like using led's as accent color,when I tried using just white led's strips for lighting got poor results...mileage may vary

Comment

Great idea for a thread MRD!
                        Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Originally posted by MRDcanadian View Post
                          would you think the LED kit i bought would be a good way to setup lighting for light box FF?
                          I use LEd panels, woks pretty good, but must diffuse as LED like mini torch lights and make a lot of shadows.

Comment

Originally posted by scaccima View Post
                            Great idea for a thread MRD!
                            thank you, i figure we could all benefit from this.
                            Last edited by MRDcanadian; 05-17-2013, 12:58 PM.
                            Orange GT Build
                            Orange V8 GT Build
                            Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
                              white led's seem to put out a blue/purple hue of light

I like using led's as accent color,when I tried using just white led's strips for lighting got poor results...mileage may vary
                              didn't consider that

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                              I use LEd panels, woks pretty good, but must diffuse as LED like mini torch lights and make a lot of shadows.

ok so for lighting that is "direct" as used for the 3 sides of the light box (when i say direct i do consider the white film used) it's not going to be optimal. but considering what daz is explaining if doing a case shoot (for example) it may be good to use to light up the room i am shooting inside (indirect light). i will have to change the lights where i work/will take pictures of mod as i have different light bulbs (some yellowish and the other white) and that will create unbalance in color.
                              Orange GT Build
                              Orange V8 GT Build
                              Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Working...
                              X