Primochill Rigid Tubing and Fittings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primochill Rigid Tubing and Fittings

I know it all depends on preferences and what a person is used to working with, but this product seems to be a cost effective solution to rigid tubing use in a PC build. The one thing I do like about it is the use of less 90s. It seems from the video I watched that tight 90s are possible by bending the tube with a heat gun and a core inserted inside the tube. I really don't know *hit from shinola when it comes to rigid tubing and its use but think I'm going to try this product and see how it turns out. As snef has stated, I too think the fittings are a little large in diameter(compared with the diameter of the tube) but are shorter in length than others. They also utilize an O-Ring in the design which personally makes me feel more secure against leaks, but then again, that's just me. Any discussion on this would be appreciated.
    CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
    XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Anything bigger then inner diameter of G1/4 is waste of material IMHO. It looks like they try to mimic 1/2" tube.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Yes, I believe its 1/2OD and 3/8ID.
      CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
      XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Any particular reason you'd choose to try this over the standard E22 rigid tube? It seems like everyone on OCN who uses that tube (and Bitspower C47 fittings) has a good experience. I've yet to hear a horror story about that acrylic tubing yet.

Comment

the diameter and lenght are bigger than Bitspower C47

C47 use 2 seal (o-ring) and they accept a little angle opn tube
          C48 have only one and you need to be right in fitting

Ghost fitting from primochill, im sure, need to be right or i dont think you will able to screew it, very hard if you bend tube

and sorry but in my taste they look very cheap

Comment

Originally posted by snef View Post
            and sorry but in my taste they look very cheap
            Exactly my thoughts too.
            Sentinel Build: Build Log,
            Venom Build: Build Log,
            Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
            Orange Build: Final Video
            HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Good, a discussion on a new product. Even though I agree the Ghost fittings do look cheap, the colored fittings for the Primochill tube, in my humble opinion do not. I can see a niche for this product for those who do want rigid tubing and don't want to spend the money on other options, or the money on any angle fittings. I'm gonna try it out if for nothing else just to see what it looks like, now my ass might be a star and it could look bad or be hard to work with but to me it would be a good experiment to see if it actually works as well as Primochill is claiming. Since all I've read about using dyed fluids is horror stories, I would rather use a colored tubing. Your input means a lot, thanks guys.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJxAd94t_j0
              Last edited by GEARjmr; 06-14-2013, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
                Any particular reason you'd choose to try this over the standard E22 rigid tube? It seems like everyone on OCN who uses that tube (and Bitspower C47 fittings) has a good experience. I've yet to hear a horror story about that acrylic tubing yet.
                I'm not sayin' the Bitspower and E22 route is not the way to go Bart, what I am saying is I'm not afraid to try a new product out and see how it works. Cost effectiveness and the lack of having to use angle fittings aside, its called experimentation, not walking the beaten path or just tryin' something new for the sake of tryin' it.

Comment

So after an email from snef( a guy who's always willing to help me out in my noobness,lol) am I right in assuming you use Bits "C" fittings to hold the tube end, E22 Tube and regular Bits angle adapters? Is this assumption correct?

Comment

You can bend e22 the exact same way as primochill tubing and not using bitspower angle adapter

I will try it in my purple chimera

Comment

Cool snef, this I did not know.

Comment

There's 45mm from the bottom of the GPU block where the ports are, to the top of the PSU. Can E22 be bend into a 90 in that space? It would be nice to have the tube bent up into the bottom of the GPU block with the use of just one fitting.

Comment

its little bit short

try it if not use a 90 here and use a strait tube

but try it first, i think yes

Comment

Thanks snef, I thought it might be too short of a bend myself, never sure with the rigid tubing(no experience). But like you say a guy could always use a 90.

Comment

Will Daz get stock of primochill rigid tube and fittings?

Comment

Working...
                              X