X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gdesmo
    replied
    Originally posted by Addicted2Rad View Post
    Bad luck strikes again Powered up the machine this morning and guess what happened. The AX1200 start puffing some serious smoke, literally filling the entire case and room with it . Just when I got the R4E too to replace the UP4 Luckily I manage to pull the plug as fast as I can. Went straight to CC and told them I've told them earlier this month, that there's something funky about the psu and they didn't listen . I'm currently testing everything with another corsair unit to check if my parts are ok. Damn, what have I ever done to deserve such streak of bad luck

What would you folks recommend as my next psu. Too bad can't find a Zippy psu anywhere else. They are solid units. I hope they give me a store credit so I can get a non corsair psu this time around.
    Damn that's a severe drag ! If CC doesn't do anything call the head office here in T.O. and rattle a few cages ! I'm partial to the Seasonics as well but like Hooded said a lot of the Corsair Psu's are made by them, just don't know which ones.

Leave a comment:

• Addicted2Rad
    replied
    Originally posted by Hooded View Post
    I'm on a Seasonic run. So far they seem like excellent PSU's but are a bit of a bugger to sleeve the 24 pin cable to the 18 and 10 pin connectors at PSU. 4 Double wires to contend with. But I think most Corsair PSU's are just rebranded Seasonics.
    We'll see what they have to say this week and i'm definitely grabbing the 1250w seasonic this time around, heck even the 860w platinum would do. I never had psu that smoked before this is the first and i'm starting to suspect it's what killed my first 3820 too damn . Non color coding the wires too was a bad decision on corsairs part. Never do that with a hardware that powers a lot of expensive components. The potential of screw up is too much. All the corsair wires are black

Leave a comment:

• Hooded
    replied
    I'm on a Seasonic run. So far they seem like excellent PSU's but are a bit of a bugger to sleeve the 24 pin cable to the 18 and 10 pin connectors at PSU. 4 Double wires to contend with. But I think most Corsair PSU's are just rebranded Seasonics.

Leave a comment:

• Addicted2Rad
    started a topic Corsair AX1200 junk

Corsair AX1200 junk

Bad luck strikes again Powered up the machine this morning and guess what happened. The AX1200 start puffing some serious smoke, literally filling the entire case and room with it . Just when I got the R4E too to replace the UP4 Luckily I manage to pull the plug as fast as I can. Went straight to CC and told them I've told them earlier this month, that there's something funky about the psu and they didn't listen . I'm currently testing everything with another corsair unit to check if my parts are ok. Damn, what have I ever done to deserve such streak of bad luck

What would you folks recommend as my next psu. Too bad can't find a Zippy psu anywhere else. They are solid units. I hope they give me a store credit so I can get a non corsair psu this time around.
Working...
X