Corsair AX1200 junk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair AX1200 junk

Bad luck strikes again Powered up the machine this morning and guess what happened. The AX1200 start puffing some serious smoke, literally filling the entire case and room with it . Just when I got the R4E too to replace the UP4 Luckily I manage to pull the plug as fast as I can. Went straight to CC and told them I've told them earlier this month, that there's something funky about the psu and they didn't listen . I'm currently testing everything with another corsair unit to check if my parts are ok. Damn, what have I ever done to deserve such streak of bad luck

What would you folks recommend as my next psu. Too bad can't find a Zippy psu anywhere else. They are solid units. I hope they give me a store credit so I can get a non corsair psu this time around.
    "Casper B!"
    I7 3820 semi-k l Asus/Gigabyte R4E/X79-UP4 l 4x4gb Gskill Ripjaws Z 2133 l 2xGigabyte GTX670 Windforce OC l Asus Xonar DSX l Seasonic X1250 l XSPC D5/Daz D5 Vario l EX360 in p/p+2xCoolstream XTX 480 p/p/p l 2x560 AC Monsta p/p l 2xEK Uni-GPU Block Acetal l 2xBitfenix Recon 3D fan controller l Switch 810 matte black l
    50' Panasonic Viera Plasma ST50 l 7.1 Pioneer A/V Reciever l f@h 4 the future

I'm on a Seasonic run. So far they seem like excellent PSU's but are a bit of a bugger to sleeve the 24 pin cable to the 18 and 10 pin connectors at PSU. 4 Double wires to contend with. But I think most Corsair PSU's are just rebranded Seasonics.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
      I'm on a Seasonic run. So far they seem like excellent PSU's but are a bit of a bugger to sleeve the 24 pin cable to the 18 and 10 pin connectors at PSU. 4 Double wires to contend with. But I think most Corsair PSU's are just rebranded Seasonics.
      We'll see what they have to say this week and i'm definitely grabbing the 1250w seasonic this time around, heck even the 860w platinum would do. I never had psu that smoked before this is the first and i'm starting to suspect it's what killed my first 3820 too damn . Non color coding the wires too was a bad decision on corsairs part. Never do that with a hardware that powers a lot of expensive components. The potential of screw up is too much. All the corsair wires are black
      "Casper B!"
      I7 3820 semi-k l Asus/Gigabyte R4E/X79-UP4 l 4x4gb Gskill Ripjaws Z 2133 l 2xGigabyte GTX670 Windforce OC l Asus Xonar DSX l Seasonic X1250 l XSPC D5/Daz D5 Vario l EX360 in p/p+2xCoolstream XTX 480 p/p/p l 2x560 AC Monsta p/p l 2xEK Uni-GPU Block Acetal l 2xBitfenix Recon 3D fan controller l Switch 810 matte black l

Comment

Originally posted by Addicted2Rad View Post
        Bad luck strikes again Powered up the machine this morning and guess what happened. The AX1200 start puffing some serious smoke, literally filling the entire case and room with it . Just when I got the R4E too to replace the UP4 Luckily I manage to pull the plug as fast as I can. Went straight to CC and told them I've told them earlier this month, that there's something funky about the psu and they didn't listen . I'm currently testing everything with another corsair unit to check if my parts are ok. Damn, what have I ever done to deserve such streak of bad luck

What would you folks recommend as my next psu. Too bad can't find a Zippy psu anywhere else. They are solid units. I hope they give me a store credit so I can get a non corsair psu this time around.
        Damn that's a severe drag ! If CC doesn't do anything call the head office here in T.O. and rattle a few cages ! I'm partial to the Seasonics as well but like Hooded said a lot of the Corsair Psu's are made by them, just don't know which ones.
        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Rotten luck Addicted, sorry to hear it. I think that's the first time I've heard of a Corsair unit, at least the newer ones, crappin' out like that.
          CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
          XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Damn man, sorry to hear it! Hopefully CC will take care of you!

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
              Damn that's a severe drag ! If CC doesn't do anything call the head office here in T.O. and rattle a few cages ! I'm partial to the Seasonics as well but like Hooded said a lot of the Corsair Psu's are made by them, just don't know which ones.
              That's what those nice folks who work at yonge/finch told me when I brought it there this morning, to contact head office. They can't beilieve when I try to tell those guys at richmond hill that something wrong with the unit and they wouldn't replace it. So now that it finally went up in smoke and god knows what else it brought down with it . I bought the corsair at richmond hill location when it went onsale back in feb. I hope nothing burned on my new R4E, i'm still in shock right now, can't think properly

One of the gpu's are acting up still, not boosting properly. Will test thoroughly if the mb is fine. Only got it on fri from newegg.ca.
              "Casper B!"

Comment

Wow that really sucks I ve recently bought the Seasonic X-1250 on sale at NCIX for 229.99$ (Reg 279->299). Very happy with it.
                My previous power supplies Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050W (over 5yrs in service), Ultra X3 1000W (7 years in service).

Hopefully nothing else got damaged. I mean worst case you can always send it back to Corsair, no?

Comment

Originally posted by jaggy01 View Post
                  Wow that really sucks I ve recently bought the Seasonic X-1250 on sale at NCIX for 229.99$ (Reg 279->299). Very happy with it.
                  My previous power supplies Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050W (over 5yrs in service), Ultra X3 1000W (7 years in service).

Hopefully nothing else got damaged. I mean worst case you can always send it back to Corsair, no?
                  Luckily I got a 1 year direct replacement warranty on CC with this unit. Normally I don't do that when I purchase my hardware. Which tells me the universe knows something is up, when I got this crap. The oem for this psu is flextronics. Looks like the rebagde seasonic corsair tx750 v2 is trying to restore the magic on my hardware. They seem fine at least for now, coz their running stock, mb/cpu running p95 and they also f@h. I hope all my bad luck ends so I could finally enjoy my machine
                  "Casper B!"

Comment

I had my AX850 kick the bucket on me a couple months ago.

Shipping to Corsair in California was about $40-45. Good thing for warranty.
                    Asus Z170 VIII Hero | i7 6700K | G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 2800 | 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 | Samsung 850 Evo 500 | CorsairAX1200 | Silverstone TJ11 | Caselab Pedestal | GTX 780 Lightning SLI
                    EK Supremacy CPU | RX480 + RX240 | MCP35X2-W | BP Z-Multi 250 | AP15's | BP Fittings | Distilled + Silver |

Comment

Originally posted by canada2005 View Post
                      I had my AX850 kick the bucket on me a couple months ago.

Shipping to Corsair in California was about $40-45. Good thing for warranty.
                      Sucks when something breaks and have to rma them to the manufacturer. A lot of hassle imo, seasonic was the oem for that ax850 am i wright? Damn, i'd pay 500 bucks if I can find that 1200w zippy unit. They use to have a division at vancouver where I purchased my 700w 6yrs ago it's still a beast but sadly it ran out of connectors
                      "Casper B!"

Comment

Looks like you were right.. Seasonic did make that 750 ps for corsair.
                        http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...er,2913-5.html

That AX1200 was made by Flextronic... whoever they are.

Comment

If you need a psu for the time being I could lend you a Thermaltake Toughpower 1200. It's built like a tank and laughs at tri-sli !
                          3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

I've got the EVGA NEX1500. Other then the odd whine while the PC is powered down, it's bullet proof.

Comment

Had an Enermax that not only smoked but threw a fireball out the back...
                              Then had a Koolance PSU-1200 for almost 5 years before I retired it, DDC pump I bought around the same time failed so didn't know how much longer the internal pump was going to last...
                              Then I moved to the AX1200 I have now for almost 2 years, to be honest if it failed on me I'd personally probably end up moving to a AX1200i. I'm pretty sure the manufacturers changed for the i series.
                              Corsair 800D
                              2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
                              Software Developer

Comment

Working...
                              X