VGA pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VGA pins

Asus is coming out with a 4K monitor. based on the unboxing you may need 3 titan to get good FPS on BF3 all setting maxed LOL.

http://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/PQ321Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa-DR...em-subs_digest
    Orange GT Build
    Orange V8 GT Build
    Ice Phoenix Build

I'll be sticking with my 1440p for a bit, these 4k monitor's aren't going to be cheap and if they follow the 1440p model there not going to be cheap for a very long time.

Comment

Beautiful monitor but just a little extreme in price I would imagine, 2560 x 1440 is amazing and you can get better response times with some of them. Too rich for my blood, I have a hydro bill to support from several Tec's.
      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

i agree with you both it would be silly at this price. other then resolution it's not a big upgrade from my 246Q proart monitor from asus. i just found it funny how it took 3 titan to push approximately 60 fps in most games on high settings. here is 5500$+ tax just in videocard and a monitor so i can run today's game (not happening for me to broke). big no no for an eyefinity setup with these. lol
        Orange GT Build
        Orange V8 GT Build
        Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

I have 3x1920x1080 monitors at home = 6,220,800 pixels adding a 4th would put me at the same pixel count as the 4k monitor (3840 x 2160 = 8,294,400).

There is one thing that I heard as a comment about a 4k monitor I however don't remember the source. Because of the extra pixels anti-aliasing would not be as obvious as you would be able to probably turn down the AA settings and not even notice gaining back at least some of the performance lost from the large boost in resolution.

Edit: actually listening to the video I notice the same notes were also brought up, but heard the comment about the AA prior to watching it.
          Last edited by Izerous; 07-19-2013, 06:40 PM.
          Corsair 800D
          2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
          Software Developer

Comment

gaming at 1080p on relatively small monitor such as a 24 inch is already a high count of pixel density and AA is a bluring effect on the edges. my opignion, is that to much will get rid of detail that are to be seen as definition, an become a negative impact instead, therfore i usualy put it on low and in some case turn it off completely myself.
            Orange GT Build
            Orange V8 GT Build
            Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Working...
            X