Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Member Build Evolution in the last year or 2 (can be more)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member Build Evolution in the last year or 2 (can be more)

Snef’s Water-cooling evolution in the last year

Hi everyone
    Just checked older post I and I saw some builds and compare to newer from the same builder/Modder and sometime its phenomenal how some take experience and some have evolved
    I think it’s a good idea to make a post to see all evolution of what we do in the last year or 2
    (just one or 2 pics per build)

I start

My background in computer:
    I work in IT for more than 20 years
    and in 2009, just disgust of my computer, I said to myself, I bought a Dell Alienware, I had no time to spend on my computer and some other personal reason, just want a trouble free solution, I was wrong but the warranty and service was exceptional and anyway, its another story
    finally in 2012, the computer passion came back, give my Alienware to my stepmother and buy a lot of hardware to build my own computer
    here start my last year evolution

First:
    March 3 2012, just finish my air cooling build
    And simple Antec case with a Asus deluxe z68 mobo , a i5-2500K and a Sli of asus gtx569ti cuii

Yes, why not, a 2d Surround at same time

Nothing special but everything running very well,

But you know, not able to set Ultra in game, 2d surround with 560ti, not enough power

Second:
    April 2 2012
    Only one month later and After spending some time in a lot of forum, and saw how the water cooling is no more green coolant and only a cheap cpu waterblock
    Why not, sold my Antec sli setup to a friend and order a LOT of hardware and I jump in water cooling
    A Rampage IV extreme, 3930k, 32gb g-skill, 2 x hd7970 and a NZXT 810, (my wife cried when she saw the bill)
    Yes I know, only one month later

This is my first water cooling build ever

Third:
    June 8 2012
    Everything was perfect but, I don’t like temp, I thought the temperature would be lower, very disappointing
    Ok need a bigger case and I always like the cube format, start some research and found Caselabs, wow they’re not cheap but why not, order a M8, and change CPU waterblock, I had better temp with the swiftech apogee than the raystorm on a 3930k

Good but, hade some issue with the rampage, need to change everything again

Fourth:
    March 17 2013
    After some time and some upgrade like Maximus V Formula instead of the rampage, dominator GT, XSPC waterblock
    I finally have the build I want (yeah Right)
    I made a lot of change
    Change the Formula for a Maximus v Extreme want a trifire setup (ahh Crysis 3) and want good temp for a day to day overclock
    Now with an intel I7-3770k @4.6Ghz, change pump, res, rad finally change everything and add a pedestal
    And install rad in it, this my better temp gain, put rad outside of the case help a lot

fifth:
    My wife need a rig, I don’t want wait for my computer when I need it
    I try to make a low cost computer, sure, I’m able to do that
    A i5-3570k, gigabyte z68 mATX, 8gb corsair white ram, Bitfenix Shinoby white, hd7970, and a single 120 rad for cpu
    I’m impressed by temp, sure its not the best but have a litte bit better temp than a best air cooling or a H100

Do you know the first reaction of my wife when she saw her rigs “ah a Star War storm troopers, where is Dark Vader”
    I told her “ok, Dark Vader will sell your computer and buy you a little Acer netbook for $300”

6th:
    My wife start gaming at Call of Duty, tomb raider (old one) and some other game
    The issue is, the GPU is still air cooled, and fan make same noise as a F-18 Hornet at full load
    Tried to create a fan profile but GPU came to hot and start throttling, no choice, need to water cooled the GPU
    But no rad space in a regular Shinobi, told my wife need to upgrade and asked her if she want a white Caselabs SM8
    She said “No, I like the touch finish of the Shinobi”, ok go for a white Shinobi XL

7th:
    No choice upgrade
    No more project and want to do something special
    When I ask my wife if she want a SM8, I saw sabertooth and my intial project was SM8 with a painted sabertooth
    But my wife dosnt want the sm8, I kept simple and choose shinobi xl,
    This time choose to go with another upgrade for my wife’s rig and make no compromise with her, I choose everything
    Snef’s Icy Blue Angel is born

8th:
    And finally Purple Chimera
    Ok this one don’t have any story, just need a project to occupied my days and one of my wife’ friend asked me for a rigs
    Finnaly she’s not able to buy it, but not an issue, I sold it to another person
    Want something small, enough powerful to play all actual game and first, something different from generally build we see on the web

That’s it
    No never finish, I already plan for 3 project
    One is already started, a bench table named Snef’s Red Poseidon (I don’t know where I found my theme lollll)
    And another one with an Caselabs S5 and a Asus z87 (Gold one), and I have some plan for Extremmme red demon upgrade, but not this year

Yes all of this in little bit than a year, sometime I think is ridiculous but I sit on a couch, take a long breath and think, WHY NOT

Good idea snef, nice pics of the evolution !
    3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

ok not only me

everyone need to post evolution in this thread

Comment

that is an awesome idea, i'll try to do something also though i am not confident i will have pictures for them all.
        Orange GT Build
        Orange V8 GT Build
        Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Great idea for a thread

You sold purple chimera?

Comment

Some of us haven't evolved yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
              Great idea for a thread

You sold purple chimera?
              yes, sold,
              someone made me an offer I cant refuse

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
              Some of us haven't evolved yet.
              its better, if you did your build and its your first, its a great thing

Comment

wow I would have a hard time selling one I put my soul into

but i need to get over it and make some more room and get rid of the insanity stock pileing up around here

GF thinks i'm nutz

Comment

This is good idea. Need to dig for old pics.
                  Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                  Venom Build: Build Log,
                  Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                  Orange Build: Final Video
                  HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Indeed hehe. That's going to be both a challenge and a laugh. Because my early stuff...Embarassing is how I can put it best.
                    Its a great evolution you've had Snef though. Your wife's rig is still my favorite. (lmao ...in retrospect that sounds weird...)
                    Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
                    Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

area 51 qpack2 build I built for my Mom few years back

watercooling bug hit

3 rads in a Haf 932

wanted a case with a little more style Coolermaster atcs...beauty case

2 rads in this one triple/double

thought it would be fun to try and jam 3 rads in a 650D........I called it Rigamortis for the hell of a time i had putting it all in there

client build lancool k62

Project green apple

3 os's in a 800D

Decided to get in on Caselabs TH-10 for 44 Magnum Clint Eastwood theme
                      new dslr camera but quickly learned that because you have a good camera does not mean great pics
                      more practice and research is needed

Halted work on that moneypit for the new Bitfenix Prodigy told I had one of the first of 2 unloaded off the first shipment to land in north america

with the new t3i camera set out to learn how to use it and conjoin 2 antec p180 mini's project Apparition was born

Daz decided to stock Caselabs so fiqured i would pick up the cases for my next 2 projects

Caselabs S3 and sm5 and Fuzzy Logic was born

Have been using the inverted sm5 for quite awhile now with a hybrid cooling setup and 4 ssd's in raid 0...runs great!

will get to modding it eventually
                      Last edited by Father Fuzzy; 06-21-2014, 04:23 PM. Reason: added few rigs

Comment

just simply amazing

its a lot of great build

you know I stole a couple of your idea

its a fu.... great evolution

and we clearly see photography evolution,

Comment

Ya FF. truly amazing your gusto and moxy!

My personal fav - Son's of Anarchy tribute... so much goodness packed into that Prodigy!
                          HAF932 Mods
                          C70 Mods

Comment

Working...
                          X