• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entry level SLR Camera for a Newb

Hey guys
    I'm looking for a decent entry level SLR Camera
    Any info would be great.
    I'm a Newb to this, so just collection info and trying to do some research, so please be nice

Usages For SLR
    Family Events,
    I do go to a lot of Sporting evens, would like to get some nice action shots.
    PC,cars ect
    Not much into making videos
    Last edited by cafu; 08-07-2013, 12:13 AM.

i got the nikon D3200 and love it. i think it's a great camera to buy if you want to learn. it as reasonable specs for a reasonable price. Honestly, good image quality is mostly about the lens more then the camera itself, so consider this if you are to jump in the SLR camera that you may need to spend more then just a camera.
    Orange GT Build
    Orange V8 GT Build
    Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Any deal at Costco for Canon 3, 3ti, Nicon 3100 is a steal about $300 range. Also you can e-mail Memory Express, they sometimes offer very competitive pricing that is not advertised.
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by MRDcanadian View Post
        i got the nikon D3200 and love it. i think it's a great camera to buy if you want to learn. it as reasonable specs for a reasonable price. Honestly, good image quality is mostly about the lens more then the camera itself, so consider this if you are to jump in the SLR camera that you may need to spend more then just a camera.

Thanks for the info
        I'll check it out

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
          Any deal at Costco for Canon 3, 3ti, Nicon 3100 is a steal about $300 range. Also you can e-mail Memory Express, they sometimes offer very competitive pricing that is not advertised.
          Good advice I do have a Costco mem

Comment

I also have the Nikon D3200. What a great camera, never use my point and shoot at all anymore. The quality is top notch and it really gives the photo depth.
            Now I'm not pro but here is a test pic for some puppies from my D3200 with everything set to auto.
            Asus Z170 VIII Hero | i7 6700K | G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 2800 | 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 | Samsung 850 Evo 500 | CorsairAX1200 | Silverstone TJ11 | Caselab Pedestal | GTX 780 Lightning SLI
            EK Supremacy CPU | RX480 + RX240 | MCP35X2-W | BP Z-Multi 250 | AP15's | BP Fittings | Distilled + Silver |

Comment

ahhhh. Super Cute!
              HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

Damn cute for sure ! Mother's fur looks a little strange though.
                3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys, so I did some research on the D3200, also the D5100.
                  Not sure witch one to go with, spec is pretty much the same

grrrrr.

Comment

D3200 is 459 at Can. Comp.
                    3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

i learned everything with a canon
                      and i know witch lens is good and witch is crap

the nikkon is good but know nothing about accessories and lens

do you know a site to compare lens

like the canon 50mm 1.8 at 100$, a real jewel, nikkon have same type of deal/lens?

Comment

Think I'm set on the D3200, Canada computers has the best price and it come with an extra battery. Thanks Gdesmo.
                        Snef Nikon do have the same kinda lens. Some good reviews on the Nikon 35mm f/1.8G

Comment

Originally posted by snef View Post
                          i learned everything with a canon
                          and i know witch lens is good and witch is crap

the nikkon is good but know nothing about accessories and lens

do you know a site to compare lens

like the canon 50mm 1.8 at 100$, a real jewel, nikkon have same type of deal/lens?
                          is it something like this you are referring to?
                          http://www.henrys.com/139-NIKON-50MM-1-8-AF-D.aspx
                          Orange GT Build
                          Orange V8 GT Build
                          Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Thanks

But for sure they have same lens, good to know is just little bit more expensive
                            But this one is good as the canon one or its just a regular lens?

Nikkon have a eqivalent serie like L serie from canon

Comment

Originally posted by snef View Post
                              Thanks

But for sure they have same lens, good to know is just little bit more expensive
                              But this one is good as the canon one or its just a regular lens?

Nikkon have a eqivalent serie like L serie from canon
                              I don't own the lens myself so i couldn't tell you. I've been eyeing it for a while allot of customer review on that one and they love it. the thing is the D3200 doesn't have an integrated motor and neither does that lens, I would have to manually focus (some cam have an integrated motor to do focus if lens doesn't have it). i am considering it to use some spacing rings with this lens to do macro at a reduced price as the prime 200mm macro lens i could use makes it hard to take shoots inside the house and have my whole subject in the pictures.

not sure what L series is for canon, i am like you know a enough to do what i want with Nikon accessories and lens but know nothing about canon. read quickly on it it seams that the L series you are referring too mean they have a minimum set of features and stand for "luxury". example they have special glass, they are built though and etc... I looked that the Nikon website and they don't have such a series, they put the individual characteristics on lens instead. a big N with ED would mean they have the special glass that i assume would compared to the canon version af is no motor in lens while AF-s as an integrated motor and other stuff, it keeps going but I wont name them all (not an expert neither). honestly i don't shop around for $2000 lens and higher as that would be 2 7990 , for me and i would prefer that over the lens lol
                              Orange GT Build
                              Orange V8 GT Build
                              Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Working...
                              X