Gsync mod for VG248QE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gsync mod for VG248QE

saw this video online today. anyone have hands on experience with Gsync and can comment it's it's worth almost paying for the whole monitor again?

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/g-sync/diy

DYI kit is 231.52 i would expect boarder fee as well. (monitor being sold at 299$ regular price it's almost buying it again)
    Last edited by MRDcanadian; 01-21-2014, 02:40 PM.
    Orange GT Build
    Orange V8 GT Build
    Ice Phoenix Build

i saw only good things about g-sync

but

$231 for kit plus $300 for monitor
    price is to high now, need to wait lower price
    and how much for one with already have the g-sync

i saw a 27" 1440P with g-sync at $799 at CES (hope im right)

i think the 24"1080p will be cheaper than $531

Comment

that is my though so far also snef, on top of that i read that it voids the warranty and Nvidia offers no warranty and i recently bought the monitor. being less then 6 mths away of official release of monitors with g-sync native, i'll wait even if i don't have to buy the monitor since i already own one.

also read that that the g sync version of the montior is supposed to be 100$ more
      Orange GT Build
      Orange V8 GT Build
      Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

i lucked out and have the first gen model of that series so i cant upgrade my monitor.

but the couple 120hz monitors i have show no signs of screen tearing so no need the vsync and its throttling

although i do run strobelight beta by toastyx and it helps quiet abit (must have light boost monitor to use)

Comment

I wouldnt pay for the upgrade kit. Actually now is probably the best time to sell that particular monitor to someone who does want to do the upgrade. I'd then pick up an ASUS Rog Swift monitor.

Comment

I'm with Stephen on this too. I haven't experienced screen tearing ... ever. course, I have 60Hz
            HAF932 Mods
            C70 Mods

Comment

AMD already has a "beta" G-Sync type function available through software but is not out for full release yet. I have a BenQ XL2420T and have run the Lightstrobe modification and it's great.

I also bought an Eizo FG2421 which, while expensive at $600+, has the 240hz interpolation built-in and it also works really well. The advantage with that is that it's a VA type panel with superior black levels and the lightstrobe/240hz function does not alter colors like the BenQ and VG248QE. The only issue with these screens is it's sort of a panel lottery.

My other issue with G-Sync is that it's nVidia only. The big benefit of ToastyX's mod is that it works with AMD and nVidia.

SKYMTL on HardwareCanucks has a "week with G-Sync" article that might be of note to check out.
              DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

I thought I heard somewhere that with Display Port 2.1, it would allow adaptive Vertical Sync with only a software update...

EDIT: And its free to boot!

great job nvidia

Comment

Originally posted by snef View Post
                  i saw only good things about g-sync

but

$231 for kit plus $300 for monitor
                  price is to high now, need to wait lower price
                  and how much for one with already have the g-sync

i saw a 27" 1440P with g-sync at $799 at CES (hope im right)

i think the 24"1080p will be cheaper than $531

I am planning to buy it...

http://rog.asus.com/296652014/news/r...aming-monitor/

X79 | 3930k 4.803Ghz | 16GB Samsung 30nm 2227Mhz | GTX TITAN 1255Mhz | Corsair 600T | OC.Net

Comment

Working...
                  X