RescueRanger's Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RescueRanger's Build

Hey everyone just going to get a build log started here on DazMode! So wonderful to find a great Canadian water cooling supplier!

As for my build I have almost all the parts now except the Motherboard and Waterblock for it. Have not been able to get stock in for MB yet. And waiting on water block to be made for it.

Parts List:

Case: Caselabs SMA8 (Black)
    Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Series 16GB PC4-22400 (Red Color) [Update: using 2 sets of these now. 32G's of RAM]
    Videocards: EVGA GTX780 Ti Superclocked (x2)
    SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256G (x2) (I was going to go with new 850s but I had one of the 840s already)
    HDD: Seagate 3TB Desktop HDD SATA III w/ 64MB Cache
    PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Modular 1000W (Have EVGA White sleeved Kit and Red Kit on order)
    Fans: Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-2 120mm x 25mm - 1300 RPM - 16.7 dBA (x24)

Water Cooling Parts List:

Pumps: DazMode STORM D5 VARIO 8-24V Pump w/TACH cable (x2)
    Radiators: EK-CoolStream PE 480 (x2)
    GPU Blocks: EKWB - EK-FC780 GTX Ti - Nickel (x2)
    GPU Backplates: EKWB - EK-FC780 GTX Ti Backplate - (x2 Red)
    CPU & MB Block: (Waiting for EK to release)
    Reservoirs: Bitspower Dual / Single D5 Top Upgrade Kit 250 (Clear Acrylic Cap) (x2)
    Liquid for CPU and MB: Mayhems Pastel - Ice White Concentrate
    Liquid for GPUs: Mayhems Pastel - Red Concentrate
    Tube: Bitspower Crystal Link Tube 16mm OD - 1000mm

[Update: Now watercooling RAM]
    RAM: EK-RAM Monarch (aka Dominator) X4 Clean CSQ - Nickel (x2)
    EK-RAM Monarch Module - Black (2pcs) (x4 sets)

MISC:

EKWB - EK-FC Terminal - Plexi (x2)
    DazMode Lighting Red and white
    All Fitting are Bitspower Silver Shining

Really waiting on that dang Asus MB and EK block for it..... Can not start much without it.

PICS COMING!!!
    Last edited by RescueRanger; 12-20-2014, 01:45 AM.

PICS still coming been really busy, got a 5 month pregnant wife. Also in the last 2 weeks they has been alot of vandalism in my area. My wife's car had her tires slashed. I fixed them then they were slashed again..... Also they decided that wasn't enough and threw a rock threw my kitchen window. Lol really can't believe that happened to us. Also we were not the only one's hit. I now set up some camera's. The good ol' RCMP are patrolling now too. They told me they basically know who it is but have no solid proof.... Hope Karma bitch slaps them good soon lol

So that aside my motherboard came in (Asus Rampage V Extreme) and good lord is it beautiful. Also happens to be the heaviest bored I have handled. My RAM was back ordered till Nov 2 so I dumped it and G.Skill actually come out with RAM for same price with better timings and faster speed! So ordered them from newegg. Got this: G.Skill DDR4 RAM

Also still waiting for EK to release the full board waterblock for the motherboard.

Comment

Build sounds like a great one! Are you aware that there was a read issue on those SSDs though? Might be worth looking up (not sure of the details).

Comment

Read issues on which ones?? 840's or 850's? Hope its the 850's as I am using 840 Pro's

Comment

Damn, now I can't find the thread that mentioned that bug! DOH! Ignore me!

Comment

Ha ha ! Bartacus read bug ! Are you sure you read it or did you write it ? Click image for larger version

Name:	gif (15).gif
Views:	14
Size:	424 Bytes
ID:	76430 Click image for larger version

Name:	gif.gif
Views:	3
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	76431
            3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

HA! I knew I didn't dream this. It's here:

http://www.extremetech.com/computing...fix-on-the-way

Comment

I take it all back young sir !
                3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Thank you for the follow up. That link is referring to the 840 EVO series. Mine are 840 PRO I don't think they are affected.

Comment

Some Pics finally... Forgot to get some on here.

This was taken a while ago getting most of my watercooling parts in.

Here is a close up of the Noiseblocker fans I will be using. Got 24 in total,
                    Last edited by RescueRanger; 12-20-2014, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Here is a Pic from just getting the case together (CaseLabs SMA8) with the Asus Rampage V Extreme MB inside.

Comment

Here is a my helper...... With a shot of what has been coming along!! I am going for a Dual loop, First loop will be white coolant and for CPU, MB and RAM. Second Loop is for dual EVGA GTX 780 Ti's and will be Red coolant. Res closet to MB will be the White coolant.

Pic of RAM and watercooling parts for it.

This is a more up to date work in progress pic. Cable management (or lack of) is not a priority at this point I was just testing new hardware out and also getting as many tubes cut as I can without the Monoblock. And also I only have one RAM cooler at the moment since Daz has none left in stock (But not worried since I can not do water till I get monoblock)

Using my ancient Radeon 4870 and an AIR CPU COOLER (Thanks EK for being pokey with monoblock) for testing MB, CPU and RAM
                        Last edited by RescueRanger; 12-20-2014, 01:40 AM.

Comment

This build has been a long work in progress. Really been working to much overtime at work... Also it does not help I have been waiting around 3 months for EK to make the Monoblock for this board. Really driving me mad at this point lol. Also today I was trying to get some of the RAM ready for watercooling and I ran into a hiccup. I have never removed heatspreaders before, I looked up many videos on it. I managed to get one side off very easy with a little heat and light prying. However my RAM is single sided, The side with no chips is really on there. I got one off with some heat and alot of pulling. However I felt that there must be an easier way. Anyone got some suggestions??

Comment

Heat gun mate. its all just a really good sticky glue. even the wife's hair dryer will help.
                            HAF932 Mods
                            C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
                              Heat gun mate. its all just a really good sticky glue. even the wife's hair dryer will help.
                              I was using a heat gun. Honestly the heat didn't even seem to help much... It is really on there. The heatsink was pippin' hot when I was trying.

Comment

Working...
                              X