Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Blue

Hey everyone,

Been awhile since I've been around, work and such has kept me too busy. I just started a new build with a lot of recycled parts from my old prodigy so here we go with some older parts ...

Parts:

CPU - 3570k
    GPU - 2 x EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    RAM - 4 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 (2 x black, 2 x blue)
    SSD - 2 x Samsung 840 Pros in RAID 0
    HDD - 1TB 7200RPM Barracuda
    Mobo - Asrock Extreme4 z77
    PSU - Corsair CX750m
    Case - Corsair Air 540 Black (maybe some minor mods for now)

Blocks:

CPU - XSPC Raystorm
    GPU - 2 x XSPC Razor 680
    Res - XSPC Photon 170
    Pump - DDC w/ EK 140 res/pump mount
    Rads - 2 x 240mm (XSPC and Swiftech) and a 120mm (XSPC) all painted blue

Everything will be lit up with the standard blue LEDs and most of the parts are XSPC because I got kit awhile back from Daz.

I hope to have my second GPU block within a few days as well as the Photon and case. I'll throw up some pictures as the parts come in.

Sounds like it going to be a sweet build I have the same motherboard as you it's awesome. And I'm using a GTX 660 Ti 3GB as well I noticed the new EVGA 970 SC 4GB uses the same EK-FC 670 EKWB.
    Dragon Azul Build
    Case: NZXT Switch 810 | AsROCK Extreme4 z77 1155 | i5 3570K OC @ 4.6Ghz | GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti 3GB SC+ | Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz 16GB | Corsair AX850w | SSD: Corsair 120GB FORCE 3 | HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Soundcard: Soundblaster RECON 3D

Comment

Yeah I was looking at that but sadly my 670s use the 680 PCB so they use the 680 blocks too ... unless there will be larger PCB 970s I can't use them

So I opened up my CPU block for the first time since I bought it ... really wasn't nearly as bad as expected. I've run mayhem aurora, feser dyes and just plain old tap water through it for the last 2 years (sometimes I used distilled). It seems the main thing that stuck in the fins was the blue feser dye which came out quite easily.

Before

After
      (Any advice on how to get that little left over out would be greatly appreciated)

Last edited by DodFoddler; 09-30-2014, 06:21 AM.

Comment

And I managed to get the radiators painted a bit.

Its the other rad but you get the picture

Comment

An old toothbrush should do the job to clean between the fins of your cpu block
          Luc

Orchid (Corsair-Crystal-570X)
          Silent Watcher (be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900)
          Eclipse (Parvum L1.0)
          Northern Lights (Phanteks Enthoo Luxe)
          Lady Sif (EK-Vulture)
          Xenomorph (Parvum S2.0)

Comment

Yup, wife's toothbrush works great !
            3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
              Yup, wife's toothbrush works great !
              Still married?

Comment

Rads look good Dodfoddler. Hopefully everything cleans up nice! I was tempted to buy some of this stuff from you when you lived in NS

Looking forward to your build

Comment

Yeah the toothbrush was my first attempt, I may try a little non abrasive cleaner and see what happens.

Ironic the toothbrush that I found belongs to an ex haha

Comment

haha another TapWater block! Looks good man. I've seen much worse
                    HAF932 Mods
                    C70 Mods

Comment

I saw the thread about tap water and I guess you guys in Toronto have some pretty scary stuff coming from your taps haha.

Mines been through Halifax, Fredericton and Calgary water for a few years!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
                        Still married?
                        Nope, had enough of the motorcycle parts and engines.
                        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Try some ketchup to clean the inside of that block.

Comment

Why beat around the bush, just use some CLR and a brush !

Comment

Good point, it is only copper.

Air 540 has been ordered so I'm just playing the waiting game now.

EDIT: NCIX just shipped everything ... except the GPU block. Apparently it's now back ordered with a 3-6 week wait so I'm cancelling that first thing tomorrow.

Here's a few more pics, just using a basic loop while I'm waiting.
                              (Tubes are a bit long and loopy because I don't want to cut them yet)

Random question, would you rather a 240mm push pull or a 240mm push and a 120mm push?

Last edited by DodFoddler; 10-01-2014, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X