No announcement yet.

Stuffing a small box:Corsair Carbide Air 240 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well thanks buddy, that's a damn nice compliment! I'm not totally happy with how high the res sits though. The 120mm pump mount is nice, but can only be bolted to one place. When I had the front fans on the outside, and I was bolting the pump directly to the rad, I could drop it down lower by only using the bottom 2 mount points on the bracket. With the fans on the INside for UV effect, I couldn't get away with only using the bottom 2 mount points, because the top would hang loose and vibrate off the top rad fan (this D5 strong throbs a bit).

Comment

Bart are you opening tanning salon?
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Considering this is a board full of pasty white nerds Daz, that's not a bad idea! LOL! I see you have new cute pumps listed on the store. You're tempting me again!! I need to see one of those tiny Alphacool pumps assembled with a top and get the specs on how big they are, and how they mount.

Comment

Looks like no bigger than DDC, if not smaller

Comment

Nice stuff. How do your fingers feel after working with such small case?

Comment

Shredded Hero1, shredded. A lot of the first layer on my skin is in those rads. I'm still not 100% happy with that loop, but I'm so sick of tearing up my fingers that I don't want to touch it. It's SO hard to get tubing pushed onto fittings in this rig, especially with uber-stiff Primochill LRT tube.

Comment

The only 3/8 ID and 5/8 OD tubing that's as hard, or harder to work on is the ZMT/EPDM and Norprene stuff. While the tube will fit ok on the fittings, getting the compression collar on is an exercise in heavy brute force, as every turn is resisted by the unforgiving, high-traction tube face.

With the Advanced LRT, I stick to 3/8-1/2 now. I've done one build with the 3/8-5/8 stuff, and I avoid it like the plague.

Heal up!
                DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

I'm all healed, physically, but the emotional scarring is another story. You can do some crazy bends with 3/8 5/8 due to the thick tube wall, so that's a good thing. I've done some nutty C shaped and S shaped bends with that tube, and it just refuses to collapse. It's like any other product, there's good and bad, and the only bad with LRT is the stiffness. No plasticizer, and no leaks due to tight fitting tube isn't a bad thing, just painful to install in places where you can only get 2 fingers.

Comment

That hard because Primochill keeps selling defective batch that 3858 is bigger than it should be.

Comment

Really? That's interesting, I had no idea.

Comment

That's quite possible. I can't even fit the compression collar from Swiftech fittings onto it, and I've tried really, really, really hard.

I was able to get Bitspower on there, and Monsoon though, but both with a lot of effort.
                        DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Most people cannot fit bitspower on that size from Primochill.

Comment

Hmm, I had no issues with the Bitspower angled 3/8 5/8 fittings, so maybe I got a "good" batch. No issues with straight XSPC fittings either. I did have issues with TFC fittings, but I'm pretty sure those fittings are just junk. Easily cross-thread compression caps, hard to tighten, etc. If the fitting can't be tightened with a nickel, it sucks to me.

Comment

TFC fittings are generally ok, but they are really hard on the fingers with their knurling being a bit sharper than most.

What I don't like from them, is their rotary fittings which are actually very resistant to errr...... rotating

Comment

Working...
                              X