SMH10 Caselabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMH10 Caselabs

Since building my first caselabs case I got from Daz, have come to the conclusion that they are the case for me.

New hardware am debating but not sure anything is really worth it, X99 still a bit pricey, z170 has really cool motherboards but cpus are not really much different from my 4790k I have now on the z97 chipset, a grand for a 5% increase in performance is not worth it really.

Plan is to build reversed again, now for cooling I will reuse my 3 ek 360pe rads, is more than enough cooling for anything I own now or may buy idea in the future.

Video seems to be the only thing that would see a real improvement in regards to the 2-780's I have now, then again I use a 144 g-sync 24" monitor @ 1080 so again the 2 cards I have are complete overkill now. Other thing is the blocks I now have were bought on the thought "damn your not seeing these things upside down", so went black acetel ek's no back plates, they will be a problem to me in the rebuild, am thinking too redo the blocks with acrylic and back plates idea minimum.

I welcome any suggestions, comments and criticism's.

Thx, for taking the time to read this long rant, will post some pics once case arrives and decide what I am doing idea.
    Blackout
    Something-New
    Sma8-Caselabs

disregard all the above going to get some new shit.

Case Caselabs SMH10 reversed with XL window
    CPU I7 6700k
    Mem 2x 8 gig of Adata XPG Z1 2400 DDR4
    Vids 2X 780 GTX EVGA
    PS Corsair RM 1000 white cables
    HD's 2x 256 Samsung 840 pro ssd's in raid0
    2 tb black seagate storage drive

Cooling

Cpu EK black canadian maple leaf edition block
    Vids EK black full cover blocks
    Rads 2x 480 Darkside crossflow
    Pump/top/dress 2x Alphacool DDC310 Pump with Top | Plexi Nickle
    Res's 250 Bitspower red, 250 bitspower clear
    16mm hard petg tubing
    Shit load of 16mm fittings
    Last edited by nass; 10-17-2015, 11:08 PM. Reason: updated parts build
    Blackout
    Something-New
    Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

hahahah, that what happen when you do a new build, very hard to keep old stuff

what you will have in this spectacular case?

Comment

z170, 6700k, EK blocks not sure on vid yet, EK rads x3 (360). Dual pump setup with g1/4 check valves ( to stop fights between pumps) that's about it so far. Couple white res's if daz still has some.
        Blackout
        Something-New
        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Look forward to this sir !
          3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Thx G,

Board am leaning towards this one

GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0)

or maybe another GT like I have now, though is no stock on them as of yet.
            Last edited by nass; 09-26-2015, 08:02 PM.
            Blackout
            Something-New
            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

its a great board, I'm playing with one right now for client build, just update the bios to the latest (F5b)

Comment

ya they have this one in stock and is nice looking board, may hit ya up for some help on graphics on the stickers when I rotate it. The G1 Gaming chipset sticker and gigabyte sticker would be real noticeable upside down.

yours is in horizontal in that sm8 right?
                Last edited by nass; 09-26-2015, 09:46 PM.
                Blackout
                Something-New
                Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Yes horizontal

Comment

Picked up the board today have one word to say, WOW..., am impressed with this board, you weren't kidding snef, is a real sweet board, has trace path adjustable lighting even the io shield has adjustable lighting.
                    Last edited by nass; 09-27-2015, 06:29 PM.
                    Blackout
                    Something-New
                    Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

time for a photo bomb

is a beauty board

Comment

Yeah, dust off that T3i and give us the pron !
                        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

not much to take a pic of yet, gigabyte did a good job already of a pic of just the board, could do a few pics of board and box and content's I guess.
                          Blackout
                          Something-New
                          Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Blackout
                            Something-New
                            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Excellent!

itchin to see that board lit up ...its RGB on the mobo lighting?

Comment

Working...
                              X