Bart's Ryzen build: Bad Moon Ryzen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bart's Ryzen build: Bad Moon Ryzen

Well, until I find out someone else used that build name. Just pulled the trigger on a few things minutes ago, so this won't be updated with pics anytime soon! What I ordered:

Asus Crosshair IV Hero X370 motherboard from Newegg
    Trident Gskill DDR4 2x8GB kit (3600mhz / CL15) from Newegg (not RGB, just silver / red colors)
    Ryzen 1700 from Direct Canada
    Intel 1TB M.2 NVME SSD from Direct Canada
    Nikon D5100 camera from Gdesmo

Not sure exactly what I'm doing for a GPU yet. I'm waiting for Vega, since I'm starting to hate team green like Hitler hated jews! So I might either use my dual GTX 980's and make this my daily driver, or use my old Radeon 7950 with it (all my GPUs are underwater). I don't even have an OS for this thing yet. Might pick up another copy of Spyware 10 for it, or toy around with Linux. The plan is "fluid" at the moment.

I will be overclocking (of course), and setting manual RAM timings, which is why I got the low latency CL15 3600mhz stuff. Even if it doesn't run at 3600, the low latency means there's a good chance it will run 3200 with even lower latency. This will be an interesting experiment.

Water cooling is also TBD. If I make this my daily driver, I already have triple 360's in my Case Labs M8 (and a fourth TFC Admiral 360 in a box somewhere). I also have a Thermaltake P5 case with an EK 480 rad, a white Bitfenix Aurora that will hold 2 Darkside LP240 rads, etc. Got pumps too, a pair of D5 varios in the main rig, and 2 D5 strong pumps in storage. I just need a CPU block for the Ryzen, or maybe an AM4 Heatkiller mount for my Darkside Heatkiller block.

More to come!!

Oooo exciting! That's going to be a great build. Also excited to see how Vega performs when it comes out.

Comment

I will get some am4 mounts for hk, hopefully in a month time.

dont do p5, that is last year case.
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Chann3l: thanks man! The overclocking experience with Ryzen will be interesting, and I'll be sure to document my memory timings VERY well, since this is all new to me.

Daz: I may delve into Linux with this Ryzen rig, and use the 7950 GPU, so in that case the P5 is perfect, since it fits the EK480 rad I already have mounted on it. The Bitfenix Aurora case looks nice in pics, but it's el cheapo quality IRL, tempered glass or not. I can fit a pair of your LP240s in that thing, but it makes the build more difficult. Now that I have a garage that a car won't fit into at my new place, I can use the garage to spray paint the P5 white. Or stick to the white marble vinyl wrap that's currently on it. Looks very nice. I could even put the glass stand-off arms on backwards and use it as a test bench. Loads of options with that thing.

Once Vega comes out, this Ryzen rig will be "graduated" to my main daily driver, so it will go in the Case Labs M8. Either that or if Vega flops, I'll be on the hunt for used 1080's. Hate to support green team, but if Vega flops, there won't be much choice.

Comment

I think it's a great name !

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1654.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	77484
          3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Nice. Direct Canada has some good prices. I'm curious about Vega as well. What would you consider a flop? Not surpassing the 1080?

Comment

Originally posted by MemBusX View Post
              Nice. Direct Canada has some good prices. I'm curious about Vega as well. What would you consider a flop? Not surpassing the 1080?
              Pretty sure they anticipated the 1080Ti and worked towards matching or beating...

Comment

Hahaha Bart, great name for you build.

Nice build list as well, can't wait to see pics with the new camera!
                My Imgur

Comment

Originally posted by MemBusX View Post
                  Funny thing is they apparently ship from NCIX!! Maybe it's the same company. I got an invoice from NCIX and was confused, but Direct Canada appears to be NCIX with better prices somehow. For Vega, if it compares to the 1080 and comes in cheaper, I'll be happy. If it matches the 1080Ti and comes in cheaper, I'll be happy. Basically if it's competitive and I don't have to support crap companies like Nvidia anymore, I'll be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
                    Funny thing is they apparently ship from NCIX!! Maybe it's the same company. I got an invoice from NCIX and was confused, but Direct Canada appears to be NCIX with better prices somehow. For Vega, if it compares to the 1080 and comes in cheaper, I'll be happy. If it matches the 1080Ti and comes in cheaper, I'll be happy. Basically if it's competitive and I don't have to support crap companies like Nvidia anymore, I'll be happy.
                    They are same parent company, netlink computers

Comment

Fake competition.
                      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                      Venom Build: Build Log,
                      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                      Orange Build: Final Video
                      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                        Fake competition.
                        Exactly, though I've noticed NCIX's prices have gotten terrible. Now their sale prices sometimes don't even match New egg or Memory Express' regular prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
                          Point taken. Nvidia does need a kick in the ass for selling thousand dollar (CAD) GPU's.

Another funny thing. NCIX will not ship to my PO Box but CD will. The main reason why I go with them and Canada Computers. Newegg won't, Tiger Direct won't, NCIX won't.
                          The only thing I don't like about em. Their horrid Web site navigation. God they need to update

Check Tiger Direct still selling the 980 ti for a grand

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...77&CatId=11972

Comment

I used to buys tons of stuff from NCIX. Now I found myself buying from Newegg for new release items, MikesComputerShop for the lowest price and Amazon for the best service/quick shipping.

Wow, you bought amazing RAM!!!! Did you buy it on HardwareCanucks?

I'm looking forward for your build

Comment

I got the RAM from Newegg. The good stuff is hard to find it seems. I checked a LOT of places, and finding 3600 / CL15 RAM was easiest on Newegg. No stock anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X