No announcement yet.

New Customer Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup nice and clean work Daz. Looks good.
    Blackout
    Something-New
    Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Beautiful build! Thank you for the videos. They were definitely interesting in their own way! Very well done for that short period of time you had!

Comment

Yeah. Very Nice. The cable deal must have been frustrating lol. Circuit Protection is your friend.

Question. Without fan controller. Is there a way to dim LED strips? I was going for good ol Cold Cathode for my build because the light is more uniform but Dimming is a nice feature with those LED's

Comment

Originally posted by MemBusX View Post
          Yeah. Very Nice. The cable deal must have been frustrating lol. Circuit Protection is your friend.

Question. Without fan controller. Is there a way to dim LED strips? I was going for good ol Cold Cathode for my build because the light is more uniform but Dimming is a nice feature with those LED's
          With modern motherboards you can udervolt fan headers and dim lights attached to them.
          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
          Venom Build: Build Log,
          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
          Orange Build: Final Video
          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Alright. Makes sense. Thanks.

I didn't know they plugged into fan headers. I always thought they were powered directly from the PSU like the Cathodes

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
              With modern motherboards you can udervolt fan headers and dim lights attached to them.
              I'm finding this works good in the BIOS, but for some reason on my Asus Crosshair VI, the fan control software won't let me dim them in Windows. If I enter the BIOS, I can dim them though, but they brighten up as soon as Windows starts. Maybe the secret is to uninstall Asus Fan Xpert and just let the BIOS dictate. Haven't tried that yet.

Comment

awesome build

that went together quickly

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
                  I'm finding this works good in the BIOS, but for some reason on my Asus Crosshair VI, the fan control software won't let me dim them in Windows. If I enter the BIOS, I can dim them though, but they brighten up as soon as Windows starts. Maybe the secret is to uninstall Asus Fan Xpert and just let the BIOS dictate. Haven't tried that yet.

I have same BS with Gigabyte mobo, for some reason setting wont persist.

Comment

I've also had problems with Asus Suite. It conflicted with Corsair Link, so in the end I had to ditch it. Thing with BIOS though on Asus boards. The minimum you can do is 60% I don't know why. My computer fans are kinda loud that way using 2500 RPM SP120's front intake on idle

Comment

Looks great Daz!

The blue liquid is subtle and very nice, while adding a tiny bit of an accent to the mostly black build. Great work!

The fan headers on Gigabyte are the worst. They only have PWM (curve) settings even for DC 3-pin fans (or Darkside LED). MSI, Asrock and Asus all have manual settings where you can generally set them as voltage and put out a percentage.

Gigabyte is only a "PWM" type setting or full speed from my experience.
                      DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Aurus supposed to have it fixed, but i did not tried yet.

Comment

Working...
                        X