Ronin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronin

This is the rig I built 4 yrs ago and will be Project Pavilions replacement. This where I started my pursuit to cooling (CPU Heater) and some modifications on computers. A little better on the eyes but nowhere near as nice as the work done on here by fellow members. Really nice stuff and I just gotta say that Daz and everyone here inspires me. I love this forum.
    I thought maybe I should share a little about where I'm coming from and I don't mind if you laugh at my "Baby Loop"

Hardware:
    CPU-AMD FX-9370 8 core processor
    GPU-Zotac GTX 780 AMP!
    MB- Asus M5A99FX
    RAM-G Skill Ripjaws DDR3 4x4 GB
    PSU-Corsair RM750
    SSD-120 GB Samsung EVO (os)
    500 GB Samsung EVO (Games and programs that benefit)
    HDD-1 TB Hitachi 7200rpm
    2 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
    Optical- Samsung DVD/RW
    Cooling-Corsair H100i with Delta AFB1212SHE fans and home made rubber shroud.

I just like to show the dusty computer pics so you can know it's aged.

Here's the hardware new in boxes 4 yrs ago

The building process

This is the original fan configuration. That Blue LED fan was glaring so I decided to change it up later on

I wanted more cooling power so my idea was to get some crazy 3700 rpm Delta AFB1212SHE fans for the job. This is also my first attempt at modding something on a computer. I made a custom rubber shroud for the fans to eliminate dead spots on the rad.

This is what happens when you play with high powered fans and get your finger in the way. I was so mad. $40 fan is now garbage not to mention, I almost lost the tip of my finger

Here is the build as it stands now.
    All lit up

This is a couple weeks ago while giving the puters their annual dusting

I used some vent filters on the back of the case to stop dust from coming in because of course those crazy bad ass fans produce a negative vacuum airflow. This works quite well actually. The GPU barely had any dust in it even after a year of use.

That is the extent of my builds so far. Next time around soon the custom loop build and this one is going to my wife. I just don't know if I should put a more efficient CPU in it before hand like an FX-8350 paired with a Wraith cooler or just keep what I have in there and stick some quieter fans because like I said. Not much taxing stuff going on with it for the rest of it's time.

I would also like to mention that I WAS going to try my hand at a TEC Peltier cooler for it but I've abandon that project so far. Maybe in the future after I've tried Custom Water Cooling.

So far I have most if not all the fittings, MCP655 pump, Tubing, XSPC EX360 Rad and the beautiful Corsair 570X case for next build sitting here waiting but this will go on next thread.

I'm sorry my pictures are somewhat blurry next time I'll use a better camera
    Last edited by MemBusX; 10-04-2017, 08:09 PM.

I have not seen delta fans for longest time!
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
      I have not seen delta fans for longest time!
      Finger decapitation might have something to do with that.

Comment

Yeah those fans are like turbines. Honestly with those fans the CPU will be 40C stressed with OCCP but it's loud as hell

Comment

Working...
        X