The Red Queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
    Looks great ! I was always wondering if I could get my upper two covers to flap up and down like wings and maybe take off !
    hmmm perhaps a DeLorean style door mod might be required... I have to drill the rivets out to get the panels over to my painter at somepoint.... hmmm

Comment

Looking great Dave! How do you like that fan controller? Got any specs (or a link) to that thing? I gotta get a decent one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
        Looking great Dave! How do you like that fan controller? Got any specs (or a link) to that thing? I gotta get a decent one.
        http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16811999230

that's what I have

it's 5 channel but it's not many W /channel but i'm driving a max of 3 fans per

I'm using Daz' fan splitters to drive multiple fans (I have one that I think needs resoldering as one port regarless of the fan I plug in causes alarms to go off registering 0RPM even though the fans are spinning. the alarm is sporaddic so I think it's a faulty connector

Comment

OK... so I'm about to be either INSANE or brave

when I received my TFC graphics cards I noticed they had dual DVI but the model number still matched the waterblock selector on EKWB

I tore it down and there are a couple small changes. I had to use a thicker piece of TIM pad on one side of the mosfet chips to get them to meet the waterblock and I had to use a slightly longer screw. this is all due to a capacitor being replaced by a slightly taller one at the end of a row of capacitors. this created a ramp up the mosfet line.. I checked re-checked and busted out the spotlight and the magnifying glass and I'm confident I'm made a solid connection.

I'm plumbing things up for a leak test and we'll find out this weekend how bright my idea was

on another note the back plates don't line up due to a chip moving a 1/2" on the board. I'm going to see a machinist tomorrow and having a new slot milled out

fingers are crossed this could be a pricy learning lesson but at this point I'm too far in to turn back and too many GPU returns to keep playing that game.

if this doesn't work worst case I'll only fry one board. I'll sell the other used and suck it up and shell out some coin for a 7990block and run a single board with on board Crossfire until I decide to expand to 2... I really don't want to go that route and I'm hoping my bravery pays off.

Comment

Originally posted by dave.leblanc View Post
            http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16811999230

that's what I have

it's 5 channel but it's not many W /channel but i'm driving a max of 3 fans per

I'm using Daz' fan splitters to drive multiple fans (I have one that I think needs resoldering as one port regarless of the fan I plug in causes alarms to go off registering 0RPM even though the fans are spinning. the alarm is sporaddic so I think it's a faulty connector
            Cool, thanks for the info. I'm looking for 50W / channel.

Comment

Oh boy, GPU watercooling is really pain sometimes.

Thicker thermal pad should work safe
              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
              Venom Build: Build Log,
              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
              Orange Build: Final Video
              HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Good luck Dave. I hope it works out for you!!
                Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

ok so the machinist should be getting back to me later tonight (Wed) with the results I'm not expecting any problems but I'll be taking extra precautions during testing and assembly.... in the mean time

my HDDs and SSDs have arrived
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	20130416_132318.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	298.6 KB
ID:	75178

my Network card for the server up top has arrived

Name:	20130416_132333.jpg
Size:	319.0 KB
ID:	75179

and a few more odds and ends from Daz has me experimenting with lighting in the case

Name:	20130416_194945.jpg
Size:	290.6 KB
ID:	75180

Name:	20130417_000615.jpg
Size:	270.7 KB
ID:	75181

Name:	20130417_000634.jpg
Size:	274.6 KB
ID:	75182

tomorrow I'll be able to individually test the gpu waterblocks but I don't think I have enough fittings to mickey mouse the two together and it's my gpu link that's on backorder from EK at this point
                  I'm still waiting on a some loose ends, and will probably add to and/or change up some of the lighting I'm currently using the down time is giving me more time to plan and test wiring and lighting as well. something I'd probably neglect the finer details of if I had a pair of wet GPUs on my hands

Comment

created a 3 fan header to 1 cable out of a pair of Daz's Y splitters

Name:	splitt.jpg
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	75189

I made one for each radiator setting each trio of fans to a single channel on the fan controller

Comment

milled out back plate

Name:	20130418_123121.jpg
Size:	296.4 KB
ID:	75192

milled out water block

Name:	20130418_123027.jpg
Size:	285.4 KB
ID:	75191

comparison of wet and air cards side by side

Name:	20130418_133014.jpg
Size:	316.9 KB
ID:	75195 Click image for larger version

Name:	20130418_133036.jpg
Size:	309.4 KB
ID:	75193

leak testing

Name:	20130418_231759.jpg
Size:	295.5 KB
ID:	75194

Comment

Looking good Dave. nice mill job.
                        HAF932 Mods
                        C70 Mods

Comment

Red and black look great in 4000 cases, very nice work !
                          3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
                            Red and black look great in 4000 cases, very nice work !

thanks! between the case and the RIVE board it just didn't make sense to go with any other scheme for this build.

this is the last intermediary build/test the only thing I'm waiting on now is for Daz to get in the Triple Bridge and blank I need.

the hose connecting the two GPUs sticks out much too far to close the case and still has enough of a bend in it that I won't run this machine through overclocking or stress testing until I can get it fixed but it's enough flow that I can get this machine into the Bios and get all those drive arrays configured

Comment

Lookin good

Comment

Nice!!
                                Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Working...
                                X