• Show
Clear All

• Snef HTPC air going to water

Hi
    after reading post about HTPC in help section
    some idea flash in my head

one of "non" server computer in my house still on air
    i will put it under water, after my present project

but for this one, i will use your brain, please post all of your idea for this HTPC
    dont forget, want it dead silent

i post some old pictures

this is my first setup

i change the case, cooling and add another 4Gb of ram

i installed a Chevy 454 big block in my HTPC

wow, silverstone do it right on this one, a high quality cloth bag for a computer case????

the case empty

give you some idea of the space i have

the case from the front, not to much place to watercool

my curent setup

now you understand, i need your help on this one

my biggest issue is rad placement, i dont want any visible tower or visible external rad
    i dont have any GPU in this build, a 240 rad will be enough for a 3570k (not Overclocked)
    i think i already have a good rig for gaming no need to game on this one
    for now the only place i can see is on top cover but i dont want to cut by my self,

other idea is use my curent project for HTPC and sell this one (case and some parts)
    but a Caselabs S3 in this cabinet, not sure....

need your help

thanks

Caselabs may look a little industrial for home theater setup. Also on the side... may look weird too.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

i agree with daz the caselabs whould look pretty industrial and wouldn't match the great clean setup you have there. just to help with the sence of space, how big are these 2 fans in the back?
      Orange GT Build
      Orange V8 GT Build
      Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

They are 80mm
        2 on the back and 2 under hard drive cage

The fan on cpu heat sink is a 140mm

Comment

so the rear fans are 80mm both and you have the I/o shield there so the rear would be a no go for the 240mm radiator mounting location. side are both restricted by either a power supply of a CD drive.

dimension of the case based on the silverstone website 430mm(W) x 184mm(H) x 436mm(D)

possibly 2 radiator each of 120mm could fit but dont see a 240mm radiator fit in there other then the top panel mod and then again you are just blowing the air on wood if inside you're cabinet. just a question i know you mention no external radiator but if your cabinet would have more room to have a radiator mounted with brakets to the back pushing air toward the back of the cabinet of the case that would work rather well
          Orange GT Build
          Orange V8 GT Build
          Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Very sweet setup ! How about running two lines out the back of the case with disconnects and putting the rad underneath the right hand side cabinet. If you kept it to the back you would never see it. Use a 360 rad with low fin count ( RX 360 ) and low-speed fans to have a silent solution.
            3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Great setup Snef love that silverstone case

240 cant fit in between psu and mobo?

I bought a Silverstone gd06b thinking i could get a 240 in there not quite without major cuts

think I might wind up going gdesmo's idea in the end

Comment

Working...
              X