Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father Fuzzy's FUZZY LOGIC

Hey guys

Thought I would start a new thread to share some of the projects I am working on
    instead of doing multiple buildlogs I will show here what i'm up to

With 2 caselabs builds in the works and a testbench project coming up
    there should be some good topics covered

also photo's wont really fit in my lightbox thread because lots of photo's will be taken outside

So first up New 4770K and 3770K to throw in a couple builds

6 ssd's on the testbench

View of the new Gryphon mobo without the Tuf cover

Testing the new chipset with the 6 intel 520 ssd's in Raid 0

Got a super deal on a unopened 3770K couldnt turn it down
    I just happen to have a xtra Asus itx-deluxe mobo it will fit into

Woot!...Gettin' busy huh FF? Niiccee!!
    CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
    XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

I will be finishing Apparition shortly so need to start getting some new parts together

Comment

Nice gears FF, that gryphon mb looks great. Will you be de-lidding that chip?
        "Casper B!"
        I7 3820 semi-k l Asus/Gigabyte R4E/X79-UP4 l 4x4gb Gskill Ripjaws Z 2133 l 2xGigabyte GTX670 Windforce OC l Asus Xonar DSX l Seasonic X1250 l XSPC D5/Daz D5 Vario l EX360 in p/p+2xCoolstream XTX 480 p/p/p l 2x560 AC Monsta p/p l 2xEK Uni-GPU Block Acetal l 2xBitfenix Recon 3D fan controller l Switch 810 matte black l
        50' Panasonic Viera Plasma ST50 l 7.1 Pioneer A/V Reciever l f@h 4 the future

Comment

I will be de-lidding the 3770K
          with gdesmo's help of course ....I hope

Comment

couple shots of a old amd chip

Comment

I smell Epic in this thread. Epic I tells ya.
              HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

Thanks Bungz

Posts will be scattered and all over the place(different builds and testing)

Hence the FUZZY LOGIC

with darkside sleeve extension

Comment

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
                  I will be de-lidding the 3770K
                  with gdesmo's help of course ....I hope
                  Originally posted by Addicted2Rad View Post
                  Nice gears FF, that gryphon mb looks great. Will you be de-lidding that chip?
                  Please guys, delidding is a misnomer unless you permanently remove the IHS, I like to to call what the masses like to do Re-lidding. And of course FF I can do a delidding pictoral next weekend with another 3770K since I have a glut of boards to choose from. Gryphon looks kind of cool !
                  Last edited by gdesmo; 06-09-2013, 08:53 PM.
                  3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

oh I was going to de-lid the sucker ....no guts no glory

to hell with the lid

what thermal paste should I order?

Comment

That's a good feisty attitude, to be safe MX4 is one of the best to use. However if you want the best sort of "normal" TIM I would go with the Coolaboratory Liquid Ultra. I have purposely not suggested the Liquid Pro version because of the problems of adverse reactions with PCB's due to the Gallium in the Tim, it is very watery and can easily leak onto the pcb and destroy chip. Care must be taken with the Liquid Ultra as well but it is more of a paste-like consistency and therefore less likely to ruin things. That being said I highly suggest picking up a small can of liquid electric tape and give the pcb a coat of the sealant around the perimeter of the processor die for safety. I cannot use the Tim for any sub-zero temps because it does not work too well at extreme low temps so will be using a ceramic and graphene hybrid of my own witches brew.
                      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

ya... F that Lid
                        HAF932 Mods
                        C70 Mods

Comment

Love those macro'ed cpu pin shots FF. Wonderful.
                          Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
                          Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

Great thread already! I'm so in!!! FF, are you going to grow massive gonads and delid the Haswell too? Those suckers run smoking hot when OCed.

Comment

not the 4770K I wont risk the nice performance i'm getting just yet

but a year from now.......

I picked up the 3770K for 250 so I will risk that and have 2 3570K's for backup

Comment

Working...
                              X