No announcement yet.

Community Think Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I think you could do a bit better if you went to some nice home audio equipment. A good stereo amp with an adjustable sub output would most likely have a lot less distortion and easier to use since you don't have to play with inverters. A nice pair of studio-style monitors like the Rogers LS35A"s or B and W's would fit the bill coupled with a pair of 10 inch or 12 inch Tannoy's, KEF's Or similar. Think about your design carefully because you will most likely have to bring another power circuit from the panel to satisfy the requirements of the puter and the sound system. Remember that in the end that the speakers are the most important part and you should not scimp on them so do some more research into them. Keep on going though and leave a little room in your design for slight modifications as needed.
    3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

also car speakers are meant for small area, not the best for home setup but it would work yes. now sure about the 120 but in my teen i wired soo many subs to a home amp so it works. they just played all the frequency because we didn't have the big gadgets then.
      Orange GT Build
      Orange V8 GT Build
      Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

i wanted to do something like you are, a little different in design but the same concept. i am just scared it's going to cost a fortune. i will help where i can sir
        Orange GT Build
        Orange V8 GT Build
        Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

nice job on the sketchup

I would keep the home stereo out of the setup

theres enough going on with all the puter stuff and have the stereo on other wall

altho logitech z5500 or corsair sp2500 would slink into the cabinet quite well and sound awesome too

Comment

Subs and speakers are no different from home to car,

Besides power ratings, shapes and styles
            Last edited by stephen; 09-09-2013, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Home audio tends to be a lot more refined and generally does not need brute power, and all related equipment is of a much higher development state. Car audio is brutally loud but cannot reproduce the quality of an ultra low distortion high end home system. Good bang for the buck though.
              3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

and material used for corosion in a car
                car audio are 4ohms and home are generally 8 ohms
                subs are both 4 ohms

voice coil are a way better contruction in car audio, need to handle an open air environement, these speaker move a lot in car
                and im with the gang on this, stay with home sound
                4 ohms is not home amplifier friendly, except subs home amplifier

ahhhh, remember me IASCA competion, i spend a lot of time and money on car audio competition

Comment

Originally posted by snef View Post
                  and material used for corosion in a car
                  car audio are 4ohms and home are generally 8 ohms
                  subs are both 4 ohms

voice coil are a way better contruction in car audio, need to handle an open air environement, these speaker move a lot in car
                  and im with the gang on this, stay with home sound
                  4 ohms is not home amplifier friendly, except subs home amplifier

ahhhh, remember me IASCA competion, i spend a lot of time and money on car audio competition
                  That is not true, there are many different ohm loads and sinlge and dual voice coils
                  1, 2, 4, 8 are your tipical sub loads

Speakers are generally 2 or 4 ohm in car
                  And home range from 2 to 8

And as i was stating there is no difference between them they all work in the same theory boot, coil, cone and basket

Everthing else is design, enclosures and installations

Comment

Sorry i'm late. I was busy all weekend

This is cool idea to convert corner desk into integrated computer system - entertainment center. Can be fun to make and won't break your bank as Uber desk at Frozen CPU.
                    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                    Venom Build: Build Log,
                    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                    Orange Build: Final Video
                    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Thanks for all the positive feed back guys, keep in mind i made this thread so other people can throw out ideas too Doesn't just have to focus on my cooky plans!

Comment

Originally posted by stephen View Post
                        That is not true, there are many different ohm loads and sinlge and dual voice coils
                        1, 2, 4, 8 are your tipical sub loads

Speakers are generally 2 or 4 ohm in car
                        And home range from 2 to 8

And as i was stating there is no difference between them they all work in the same theory boot, coil, cone and basket

Everthing else is design, enclosures and installations
                        youre right, all speakers are same, coil, cone, basket and magnet, but car speakers (not subs) are different in design, conception, material
                        use home speakers in car (i did) with our wheater and humidity, you will see, use generic GENERALLY used, not very high end products

finnaly no, youre not right, all speakers are not same, some dont have cone and basket, some are made with wire and dont use cone....

and for ohms, your rights but GENERALLY home is 8 ohms and car are 4 ohms

and yes with wiring way you can put all 1 ohms speakers in a box, but at connector you need 8 ohms for a mass market receiver/amplifier
                        some receiver/amplifier can handle 2 or 4 ohms but you will pay the price because they are GENERALLY very high end products

again talked GENERALLY

did i say GENERALLY?
                        Last edited by snef; 09-10-2013, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X