nothing Fancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nothing Fancy

Hey guys. Thought Id do another case and get rid of my thermaltake GT10. I chose the new Corsair 900D. I really wanted a Case Labs but the cost was way to high for me. This case has its pros and cons. The Components are the same as what was in my thermaltake lvl10 GT. The only thing I added was the Admiral and XSPC rad u see on the bottom. I was hoping for better temps with these two rads but to my dismay they went up. The CPU used to run at 48-49C and now its 50-52C. The two evga 670 FTW used to run around 44-46C and now they are at 49-50C. Not sure why they were the biggest increase.

When I mounted the Admiral, I routed the tubing to the specs on the rad but I didn't think the air flow would matter as to it shouldn't...right? I put the air flow against to what it said on the rad. I have the Fans pushing into the case with cool air instead of inside out. The same goes with the rad on the bottom. Maybe I need different fans on the XSPC. Or its how I have the water looping through it.

I routed it so that the coolant comes from the pump and into the top of the rad and exits on the bottom then to the top of the EK Bridge and exits out the bottom. That's what it shows on EK's site to have the water flow going through the bridge. Or Should have I routed the tubing the other way instead on the rad where the tubing enters the bottom and exits the top of the rad?? Anyway here are some pics to gander at.Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030461.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	79427Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030462.jpg
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	79428Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030459.jpg
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	79426Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030440.jpg
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	79424Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030446.jpg
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	79425

thats a nice bigass case you have...sweet

is your temps the same with the side panel off?maybe rads choked for cold air?

rig almost screams for a giant tube res

Comment

Huge case man, nice build there.
      Dragon Azul Build
      Case: NZXT Switch 810 | AsROCK Extreme4 z77 1155 | i5 3570K OC @ 4.6Ghz | GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti 3GB SC+ | Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz 16GB | Corsair AX850w | SSD: Corsair 120GB FORCE 3 | HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Soundcard: Soundblaster RECON 3D

Comment

Yes Guy. really good looking build.

for temps. I would start by removing front panel and letting intake fans breath...
        big complaint on 900D... poor front intake.
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

Good idea Bung's, may have a case of negative pressure inside the computer not allowing adequate air flow through rads.
          3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Run test without side panels (free air access) and see if that will make any difference in temps.

Also what is your pump model?
            Last edited by DazMode; 11-07-2013, 02:34 PM.
            Sentinel Build: Build Log,
            Venom Build: Build Log,
            Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
            Orange Build: Final Video
            HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Hey thanks for the replies.

Ill start with with Bungwirez idea and take it from there. It would be a pain to take side panel off all the time. As for my pump I am running a Swiftech D5. I bought it when I started into water cooling when I thought there was only NCIX and then I came across Dazmode.com. I think pump is nearing 3-4 years old. The rpm wire is to short at the moment but when it was hooked up in my old case it was over 4000 rpm. Ya the 900D is a big case. I had to make a little more room for it and move the printer!! would have been nice to keep all three fans in front of case but XSPC rad was like a couple mm to long so i put extra fan beside red fan. You think the pump maybe nearing its life Daz? there is almost 6 feet of hose travelling through the case.

Comment

nah... pump is just getting going. if it was failing you'd see temps way way worse.

I think what you want to try is this challenge.

(my fav pic in the series...)

http://themodzoo.com/forum/index.php...d-front-grill/
                Last edited by bungwirez; 11-08-2013, 05:02 AM.
                HAF932 Mods
                C70 Mods

Comment

I doubt anything wrong with pump. Unless coil get burn out there is nothing to break in this design.

Official MTBF is 6 years.
                  Last edited by DazMode; 11-08-2013, 03:37 PM.
                  Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                  Venom Build: Build Log,
                  Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                  Orange Build: Final Video
                  HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

I tried all the ideas and they didnt really help. I took the front cover off and the side panel. Dont know why temps never changed. I reversed the front fans so they exhaust. see what that dose. Only other things I can think of is that:

The fans on the xspc rad aren't sufficient enough. They are the Bitfinix fans,
                    There is a air pocket in the admiral rad,
                    My fan controller is not all that now that it is all loaded up. Before it was only running on two channels now they are all full
                    Last but not least is that the XSPC rad was outside the previous case so it cooled the water better. Now that its inside the fans arent that great.

The fans I am using on the Admiral are Cougar PWM. I had them on my EK rad just had to buy third one.

Comment

What is the fin count on the XSPC rad ? Those Bitfenix fans are not good at all for anything with more than 12 fins per inch when in a case, esp. if you have a negative air pressure already. Unlikely the Admiral has an air bubble in it because of continuous tubing loop design, but try tilting case forward and backwards it may help expell any air caught in fittings and possibly the XSPC. Might want to change up the fans to Coolermaster R4's, XSPC 1650's, or some GT 2000's. First and foremost make sure you have an adequate of air coming into the case even if you have to force it in. Great case with lots of possibilities and build looks super !
                      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Hey gdesmo,
                        not sure of the fin count on the XSPC rad, but it looks like it would be an 11 or 12 Fin per inch. Here is the one I have, AX360 Triple Fan Radiator (Silver). I was kinda leaning towards my next guess was the bitfinix fans. I was guessing that things were performing better outside of case as well with those fans. After playing a round of bf4 after I turned front fans around and felt air coming out was quiet warm so looks like I will be upgrading the 120's to 140's. As far as I know all the bubbles are put cause I have shook and viberated them all out and the water in the res has stopped dropping more slowly. I dont think I have to worry about adequate air coming in cause it is sitting where it is in the pic. I found some noise blocker fans that have rated specs, but they are only available in the states. Here the specs.
                        Dimensions: 120 x 120 x 25 mm
                        Speed: 2400 RPM ±10%
                        Noise: 34.29
                        Max. Airflow: 88.5 CFM
                        150.3 m^3/h
                        Static Pressure: 2.741 mmH2O

Thanks for your input! Guess I will be looking into more fans!!

Comment

Judging by pictures that I have looked at it looks like it is in the 18-20 fpi range. Any of those fans I suggested should work well, they all have good pressure and are quiet as well. You can get them here in Canada to boot.

Comment

Working...
                          X