No announcement yet.

First WC Build :) comments appreciated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First WC Build :) comments appreciated!

Hello everyone,

This is my first WC build using parts from here and EK!
    Very happy with the outcome i know there are many improvements that i could do however, I was on a little budget and had some problems with the rad.

I got some PrimoChill UV Blue cabling coming up and going to need a few more fittings and such gonna try to make it "cleaner" with 90 degrees and 45's
    Here it is!

In the coming months, i'd like to add another R9 290X with a waterblock but im hesitant on my radiator. Only got a 3-slot rad!
    What do you guys think? Should I get another rad (I wouldn't be able to fit another 3x i believe and would have to remove many drives of my HAF 932) ? Mr. Daz says 1x 120mm for each device however these 290x's dish out quite a bit of heat!!!
    Attached Files

Hey Garbinc! welcome aboard. HAF932 should be everyone's first watercooled case
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

That was one of my cases for sure. Welcome!
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Daz is right of course, decent 360 will be fine. If you are mining at 100 % temps will be still much lower than on air and quieter. Worst case scenario you could always add a 140 single on the back very easily. Oops where's my manners ? Welcome to our friendly group of modders and water coolers !
        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Ya, I was kinda thinking the same thing GD. 140mm in the back would be a bonus.
          the alternative as you know is my fav... tear out the drive bays and fit a 2.140 perfect.

course then you're stuck looking for a NAS, or someplace to hide HDDs
          HAF932 Mods
          C70 Mods

Comment

Binder dundat, no need with a 360. Should be fine when matched up with the right type of fans. Let the man do the decisions, not the peanut gallery in North York and Miss. ( Pssst, listen to me not him )
            3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
              Ya, I was kinda thinking the same thing GD. 140mm in the back would be a bonus.
              the alternative as you know is my fav... tear out the drive bays and fit a 2.140 perfect.

course then you're stuck looking for a NAS, or someplace to hide HDDs
              This is most probably what i'll do and i'll hopefully be able to rip off the optical bays on top also and place the HDD's there!
              Theres like 6-7 optical bays i dont use any :| so much space lost for nothing!!

I know now that a 360 would be capable of cooling 2x 290x but i think i just may add another x2 res to keep it even cooler

Right now it's winter so ambient temp is pretty low, and my PC is never turned off so ill have to see in the summer!!

@Bungwirez do you have the hot air from the X2 rad pushing into the case or pulling/pushing outward?

Comment

Originally posted by garbinc View Post
                @Bungwirez do you have the hot air from the X2 rad pushing into the case or pulling/pushing outward?

Usually best to bring in fresh air thru rads rather than push heated air from case out thru rads. Just make sure you have sufficient exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by xmanrigger View Post
                  Usually best to bring in fresh air thru rads rather than push heated air from case out thru rads. Just make sure you have sufficient exhaust.
                  exactly what I did here... intake from front and top, but only single 140mm exhaust in rear. total dust magnet.
                  HAF932 Mods
                  C70 Mods

Comment

I'm planning to do the same to my case with 240 rad Good job on first build and welcome
                    Here is my experiment coming up:
                    http://www.dazmode.com/_forum/showth...na-First-build

Where did u get this rad brackets for bay or you make your own?

Comment

Working...
                    X