Function over form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Function over form

I didn't take a lot of pictures but I took a couple of my finished build. For a first time watercooling experience it wasn't too bad.

Almost everything for the build was from Daz aside from a couple items I had to make substitutions for. All fans are on a fan controller turned down from stock speeds. The pump is also on a fan controller with reduced speeds. Despite being a tiny DCP 2.2 pump with reduced speeds, temps and flow seem to be just fine.

A note to other first time builders:
    Double check clearances around radiators, lots of cases promise they fit radiators in various places, but they don't list explicit dimensions and sizing. I barely snuck the top 360mm radiator in the Phantom 530, and I almost abandoned the bottom mount for a radiator due to my power supply. Not visible in the pictures is the slightly marred finish on the XTX radiator where it quite literally rubbed going in.

But now, some poorly lit and hastily taken pictures. Some additional cable management was done afterwards, but not very much.

I couldn't come up with a cleaner way of routing the tube between the radiators without using 90 degree fittings, which I wanted to avoid due to the low powered pump. The overall goal was to reduce noise from the video card, which this setup managed to do. Still a little louder at idle than my previous air cooling setup with a modified 7950 but lower noise at load. Temps are also drastically reduced. Overall, I would say that it turned out well.
Working...
X