No announcement yet.

Hurrikaine (Case Labs S8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might be worth giving the IMC a small voltage nudge. If it's not the ram, sometimes it's the memory controller.

Comment

• Does it do it with memory running at default (1600mhz)? XMP is not always perfect. Try relaxing the memory timings a bit. And as Grinder suggested, the IMC might need a little more juice. The IMC plays a big role in how high your memory is going to run. Especially if you have overclocked the CPU as well. I have Dominator Platinum 2400mhz ram in my X79 (3930K) machine, and the highest I have been able to clock it stable is 2270mhz. This same memory will run at 2480mhz in an i5-760 machine no problems. Intel memory controllers are a lottery.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention, set the memory's voltage manually to what it is rated at. Check AIDA64 to ensure the memory voltage is correct. You may have to set LLC to get proper voltage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grinder View Post
        Might be worth giving the IMC a small voltage nudge. If it's not the ram, sometimes it's the memory controller.
        Originally posted by xmanrigger View Post
        Does it do it with memory running at default (1600mhz)? XMP is not always perfect. Try relaxing the memory timings a bit. And as Grinder suggested, the IMC might need a little more juice. The IMC plays a big role in how high your memory is going to run. Especially if you have overclocked the CPU as well. I have Dominator Platinum 2400mhz ram in my X79 (3930K) machine, and the highest I have been able to clock it stable is 2270mhz. This same memory will run at 2480mhz in an i5-760 machine no problems. Intel memory controllers are a lottery.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention, set the memory's voltage manually to what it is rated at. Check AIDA64 to ensure the memory voltage is correct. You may have to set LLC to get proper voltage.
        Thanks guys! I keep that in mind.
        Luc

Orchid (Corsair-Crystal-570X)
        Silent Watcher (be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900)
        Eclipse (Parvum L1.0)
        Northern Lights (Phanteks Enthoo Luxe)
        Lady Sif (EK-Vulture)
        Xenomorph (Parvum S2.0)

Comment

• Wowza amazing these s8s are the beez kneez

Comment

Working...
          X