Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocyon II - Converted to Liquid !!

Hi all
    New to this Forum, purchased a bunch of stuff from Daz and realized he has a Forum...so here is where my Rig is at....I will be disasembling the Loop and making some changes:
    Swapping out top XSPC EX 360 for an XSPC RX 480
    Adding an additional XSPC EX 240 down below to compliment the EX360

Total Rad Real Estate will be 120.9 and will do away with push / pull, now looking for very quiet

Thank for stopping by:

3930K @ 4.9 Ghz w EK Supremacy
    RIVE w 16GB Dominator 1866 Mhz
    SLi 780Ti w EK Full Water Blocks n Backplates
    XSPC Photon 170 D5 Vario Pump / Rez Combo
    900D w XSPC RX 480, EX 360 & EX 240
    AX 1.2 Kw
    W10 HP x64

Introducing me n my OCD to Watercooling is like taking an Alcoholic to an "All you can drink" Mexican Beach Bar!!

[Moderator opened thread.]

Thanks RJB. was following your log on HWC. Thanks for stopping by and sharing.
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

rjb64

Thats a badass rig you have going there

Lots of raddage and that beauty photon is lookin sharp

Comment

Welcome and thank you for sharing!
        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
        Venom Build: Build Log,
        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
        Orange Build: Final Video
        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Welcome to our forum ! Rig is looking great, we will do our best to help you spend your hard-earned money !
          3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
            Welcome to our forum ! Rig is looking great, we will do our best to help you spend your hard-earned money !
            Thanks guys....generally the main $$$ spent for me is Mobo / CPU / RAM GPU's - obviously WC'ing takes it all to a whole new level
            Having fun with it though and really like the improved cooling on the GPU's and NOT having to listen to those Ti Fans ramp up!!!

Daz...I've looked high n low, any idea where I can find a replacement Blue LED for the Photon 170? The White hat comes with it is alright, but would like the accent of a blue one!
            Its a simple single 5mm Blue LED with a 4 Pin Molex connector.

Cheers
            rjb
            AX 1.2 Kw
            W10 HP x64

Introducing me n my OCD to Watercooling is like taking an Alcoholic to an "All you can drink" Mexican Beach Bar!!

Comment

If you can remove the old one, why not cut yourself a length off the Darkside LED ??

https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...strip-v2-blue/
              HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

I think he wants to insert it into a 5mm hole, so the darkside strips might not be suitable.

One thing I've noticed with the LEDs, and this is probably why the XSPC ones are failing is because for most to operate at 5volts, they need an integrated resistor because most are 3.2-3.6 volts from the factory. XSPC probably screwed up the order, BUT with a little experimentation by inserting a 220 - 330 ohm resistor into the positive wire, the lifespan should be greatly increased and light output would be slightly decreased. I plan to try this at a later time.

Welcome to the forums RJb.....64

You will find this, along with HWC and CaseModContest, is one of the best WC forums around!

Now you've set the bar with your gorgeous build! Great first timer!
                DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

oh, good points 10e. if you make this mod, give us some pics eh?

I forgot XSPC's LED are shite. didn't think that would carry over to the rez lites too.
                  HAF932 Mods
                  C70 Mods

Comment

Thanks an guys....took Electronics way back in Grade 9...thought Resistors were huge Anyhow, havent heard any complaints of the Stock White LED that comes with the Photon 170 / 270, so was thinking they must sell single replacements, (blue)...the light actually just simply slips in or out of a small hole within the Rez itself....obviously sealed from the Coolant.
                    I do have a couple of bottles of Feser 1 "blue" Coolant in which the white LED would be fine in the Rez, but have been using the clear Feser 1 as I'm not quite sure yet whether I want to introduce colored coolants into my Loop.
                    My RX 480 arrived today and will be putting in an Order with Daz for an EX240 and some more fittings next week, likely tear the Loop apart and make the changes in a couple of weeks. I dont expect big changes in Temps, just want to get away from the push / pull set up I'm presently running on the 2 EX360's, see if a single "push" at around 1200 RPM quietens things down even more
                    AX 1.2 Kw
                    W10 HP x64

Comment

Working...
                    X