No announcement yet.

The April Fool Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really nice. Haha it's always like that with tubes routing. Plans change non stop and you end up with something completely different than what you had in mind at first.
    Wana see more now!

Comment

Time to start cutting some tubing. Tried the hacksaw method on my first build and thought there had to be a better way. Went into the garage and came back with the better way. Smooth precise cuts with minimal to no burrs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210403_194447.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	93512

Comment

Really nice. If it's acrylic yeah it's a bit harder to cut than petg lol. I prefer a razor saw to the hacksaw. Just make a cut all around the tube like 1-2mm deep than break the tube. Does a very clean job. But yours I think would be faster for sure. Oscillating tool works too but works better on plexy sheets.

Comment

That Dremel scroll saw is the best thing ever for cutting acrylic tube. It makes such quick work of it, and it's very quick to set up and break down if you're in a small space.

Comment

"Easy" runs are done. Lucked out on the lower left. Cutoff I used to test how tight a radius I could bend was the perfect fit. Will probably redo the lower right. Not quite square enough.

Name:	20210403_223630.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	93518

Name:	20210403_223636.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	93519

Name:	20210403_223713.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	93517

Comment

I'm done for the night. Extremely happy with how this machine is turning out. Now to take everything apart again to put the fittings on proper.

Comment

Very nice! Forgot you have a distro in the 303 lol. Makes a really clean job. I don't think it will be that difficult after all. If you had a Max Formula it would be another story haha but like that, perfect!

Comment

Just about done with the front of the case

Name:	20210404_174056.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	93529
                  But the back is a whole other story

Name:	20210404_174236.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	93530

Comment

I'll admit I'd be ashamed to show my wiring on this build, (far too much going on with too little space and a lack of extensions) but it's 99% done. Just cycling some distilled water through to clear out the blitz part 2 before I add some proper coolant and an OS. Can't wait to start gaming on this beast.

Name:	20210404_225336.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	93532

Comment

Dogleg bends with acrylic are painful, respect!!! As a fellow AMD fanboy, I built a rig very similar to yours on the Aorus Master, so I'm looking forward to your results!

Comment

Which coolant are you going to use?

Comment

Mayhems XT-1 Nuke concentrate clear with Mayhems Orange dye. Ran it in my last system for a year with zero issues.

Though I'm tempted to try an ice blue dye with orange lighting. It's the combo I've been waking up to every morning since I started collecting for this build.

Name:	20201216_223200.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	93536

Name:	Resized_20201203_193909.jpeg
Views:	188
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	93537

Comment

Coolant added, OS installed. We are good to go!

Name:	20210406_005734.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	93547

Comment

Looks good. Good job!

Comment

Very happy with the end result. Now if EK could just get the lighting software to work it would be great.

Comment

Working...
                                X