Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member, new build after 20 year watercooling hiatus

o/ fellas

First post on the forums, not one for long drawn out texts, so here's the TLDR. Used to be into watercooling in the early 2000s. Have since wanted to dive back into a custom loop, and it has finally happened.

Had to slightly mod the case to accommodate everything, and by chance was able to cram it all in there with a few millimeters to spare.

Quick parts list (build is about 1.5 years old save for gpu):
    Asus ROG Strix x570-e w/3800x /32GB ram
    Zotac Trinity 3090 (let's ignore the EVGA 3060 XC prisoner)
    A whole bunch of EKWB parts. 360 SE/PE rads, 240FLT, Zotac 3080/90 waterblock + active backplate, x570-e monoblock, fittings.
    Acrylic 16mm hardline

All in all, quite pleased with the results. Cheers
    Last edited by LordSmoo; 06-16-2021, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Nice work!

I had this case as well, but it was called the Rosewill Cullinan. Under-rated for WC in a not huge case.

Looks like you updated your skills for rigid tubing and haven't missed a beat.
            DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by 10e View Post
              Nice work!

I had this case as well, but it was called the Rosewill Cullinan. Under-rated for WC in a not huge case.

Looks like you updated your skills for rigid tubing and haven't missed a beat.
              Thank you for the comments, much appreciated. I definitely enjoyed the challenge/learning of hard tubes. The "GPU out/CPU in" run is driving me crazy. Going to remake that section whenever I drain it.

Comment

Looks good. Nice job with the case. I dig the look of it without the rainbow. Do you have more pics with the lights off or single color and pics of the whole case at daylight?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny79-Qc View Post
                  Looks good. Nice job with the case. I dig the look of it without the rainbow. Do you have more pics with the lights off or single color and pics of the whole case at daylight?
                  Some of these were during the fill test (and before the rear fan was added) but it's as close as I got

Comment

Great. Looks very similar to a build I did for a client not so long ago. Sadly I didn't keep pictures. Was in a Deepcool case and à TBE 200 reservoir instead of the FLT. Even one of mine built looked alike but soft tubes didn't make it look as good lol.
                    You should come share it on EK fan page!

If you aren't satisfied with thermals, I'd suggest you go with Noiseblocker or Vardar fans. The X3M looks very nice. I was really surprised by both look and performances.

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I see a problem with your loop. You're using the same port as intake and exit on the GPU block, which means the water is not gonna circulate inside it, leading to the GPU cooking itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclops View Post
                        I see a problem with your loop. You're using the same port as intake and exit on the GPU block, which means the water is not gonna circulate inside it, leading to the GPU cooking itself.
                        The active backplate uses the same distribution block for the front and back of the GPU. As you can see on the left side of said distribution block, water flows from front block to rear block. It has been mining 24/7 for weeks with that setup with VRAM temps ~30 degrees lower than before being under water. She's all good

Comment

Yup, he's right. Active backplate have a different mounting mechanism.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20210618-174029_Drive.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	93917

Comment

Interesting backplate design then.

Comment

Interesting backplate design then.
                              I didn't use the right words. Thanks to my shitty English... I meant different terminal configuration.

Comment

Working...
                              X