Corsair 540 Water Cooled Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

De-lidding on a 3770K is a miracle for temps. On Haswell, not so much

I really like the UV effect on your setup there, Chann3l. It's relatively subtle judging from your photos and definitely looks good with the green LEDs.
    DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by 10e View Post
      De-lidding on a 3770K is a miracle for temps. On Haswell, not so much

I really like the UV effect on your setup there, Chann3l. It's relatively subtle judging from your photos and definitely looks good with the green LEDs.
      Thank you . I have a green cold cathode kit but only used one of the lights just to create a subtle ambient effect so the uv cathode kit could really shine. Temps also improved as I used Liquid Ultra on both the die and ihs. Edit : I will get some better photographs up soon to really show the UV effect and just more pictures in general. Got a new lense for my Nikon S1 and adapter so I can fit any Nikon lenses on my s1 and I'm still getting used to it
      Last edited by Chann3l; 06-20-2014, 10:57 PM.

Comment

So my original night photos did not do this justice. I have taken new photos and tried to keep the resolution as high as possible without exceeding file size limits for the forum. I have a few more coming in the next post. Enjoy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0657.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	76159

Name:	DSC_0658.jpg
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	76158

Name:	DSC_0659.jpg
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	76160

Name:	DSC_0661.jpg
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	76161

Name:	DSC_0662.jpg
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	76162

Comment

Additional night pictures

Name:	DSC_0660.jpg
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	76163

Name:	DSC_0663.jpg
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	76164

Name:	DSC_0664.jpg
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	76165

Comment

Lookin good Chann3l

Comment

Thanks, once I get those feet I think it will be time to call it done lol. Although I'm never really done a build.

Comment

lol then you can start V2.0

the upgrade path

Comment

Exactly, I'll be waiting for ddr4 and the next extreme Intel series to hit the market and to come down a bit in price. 3770k is plenty fast enough until than....and probably beyond lol

Comment

Working...
                  X