Front page re-design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front page re-design

Guys, I'm working in updating store's front. Going to make it wider and hopefully cleaner.

I wonder if anybody ever uses "show by Manufacturer" function located right under categories? I plan to delete it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	79598
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

I have used it but rarely
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I use it rarely also.

Comment

I use it when looking for something from a specific manufacturer. instead of having to look for an item in multi pages or tabs.

Comment

When looking for something by manufacturer I typically just use the text search.
          Corsair 800D
          2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
          Software Developer

Comment

I've never use it Daz. Sorry.
            Ryzen 5800X WC-Asus ROG Crosshair Vlll Impact X570--TForce Extremm 32 Gb (2X16 Gb) 3600-Sabrent Gen 4 500 Gb M.2-HP N550 1Tb M.2 -Asus Strix Gold 850watts -Phillips 328E1CA 4K 32 "-Windows 11 Pro.-Fractal Design Torrent Nano Dtx modded by Snef Computer design

Comment

HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

Not me sir !
                3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Never used it either.

Comment

its kinda freaks chrome out when ya use it, wouldn't bother me to loss it.
                    Blackout
                    Something-New
                    Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

While I'm there, it's not about the search button but maybe worth mentioning. I come almost every day to see what are the new arrival. But now, with all the big pictures of all the categories, all the new stuff is at the bottom of the page. We could already use the left side menu on the page for the categories we were looking for so I think that these big pictures are more or less useless.
                      Anyway, that's just my 2cents.
                      Last edited by P1n10n; 02-15-2015, 02:13 PM. Reason: Error

Comment

hmm... ya, the hover over pic preview enlargement.

it always rims me.
                        HAF932 Mods
                        C70 Mods

Comment

I used that option once and found it was more efficient to navigate the menu. While you're on the subject on re-designing your front page something i found useful is your 'new section' but to my surprise , after you add a certain amount of items the older items disappear. It would be nice to be able to navigate further back on the page than only the latest items.
                          Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
                          Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

The front page is definitely cleaner now that you've done some work on it.

Here are a few random ideas that aren't really for the front page, but may create a better experience going forward

1) If it's not too hard, what about building the forum into the webpage so it's a seemless transition from shop->forum->shop (Maybe just replace the header.php with the same header as used on the main page)

2) Pulling product reviews from threads in the forum (which will be moderated, of course), though it would require users put their real names into their forum profiles and allow the names to be hidden when users are browsing profiles, or have users associate their shop and forum profiles so it pulls the real names from shop profiles from the thread posts

Comment

Originally posted by P1n10n View Post
                              While I'm there, it's not about the search button but maybe worth mentioning. I come almost every day to see what are the new arrival. But now, with all the big pictures of all the categories, all the new stuff is at the bottom of the page. We could already use the left side menu on the page for the categories we were looking for so I think that these big pictures are more or less useless.
                              Anyway, that's just my 2cents.
                              I also still on the fence about it, but the reason why it was duplicated is because people new to watercooling are completely lost and they cannot find anything. My hope that visualisation can help them going. I constantly getting complains that people cannot find anything...

Also you can bookmark new arrival page instead home page and you get list right from first click.
                              __________________________________________________
                              Retro Build: Build Log,
                              Baby Blue Build: Build Log,
                              Green Lanten Build: Build Log,
                              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                              Venom Build: Build Log,
                              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                              Orange Build: Final Video
                              HTPC Build: Final Video
                              __________________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                              X