No announcement yet.

Stock Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gdesmo: I was just talking in general. I have several sets of 5v XSPC LEDs running off molex power. Ideally, it would be nice to run those off a terminal block, with spade lugs, but since I have zero knowledge of electronics, that ain't happening. I have a pic of a terminal block a guy on OCN set up, and it's the neatest wiring I've ever laid eyes on, but I can't upload pics to the forum for some reason.

Comment

• Ok, what I'll do is on Tuesday I'll pick up a 10 or 12 spot terminal block and make up some terminations with some simple lug terminals. It is actually quite simple because you only have 5 volt and ground. It is just a large parallel circuit so if you keep the positive together you are good, any way pics are better than words most of the time. Cheers !
      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

• You do up a tutorial on that geared towards a complete electronics noob, and we'd be forever in your debt!! I dream of a setup like this:

Comment

• Originally posted by MRDcanadian View Post
          Hey daz, you think you can get your hands on 10 Molex pass through connector in black for me? Can be very handy for cable management with LOTS of LED.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1480[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]1481[/ATTACH]
          I don't want to stock on pass trough as quality of such cables is usually horrendous, but I will make some cables similar to SATA power we already have.
          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
          Venom Build: Build Log,
          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
          Orange Build: Final Video
          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

• Very nicely done, answered my next question which was asking if you wanted to get rid of molex altogether.
            3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

• I have daz led but they have molex connector,the issue is that i have 16 of em just for my shrouds alone they plug 2 per molex that is a total of 8 molex. i would have to plug ALL my molex wire from the power supply just to power leds. but that would pic just made me realized i need to get more creative. if someone can confirm my theory on that pic bart posted. if we speak of the pump power terminals alone. the left terminal (with red sleeved wires) is probably (either or) positive while the terminal on the right of it (black wires) is the negative. he them would have a feed for the terminal that would be wired of a molex connector on it correct? (that would then be a 12V feed)
              Orange GT Build
              Orange V8 GT Build
              Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
                MRD: you and I have the same problem. We need to figure out how to properly wire LEDs up without molex connectors! At this point, I'd PAY someone to teach me how to wire up terminal blocks!
                like gdesmo said it shouldn't be that hard. if the led have resistor already on the wire and you are familiar with what cables on a power supply give what Voltage you should be good.
                Orange GT Build
                Orange V8 GT Build
                Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

• Molex from the psu has 4 wires on it with 12 volt and 5 volt supply voltages and if you are using 5 volt Led's then it is just a matter of isolating the ground and the 5 volt leads and using a terminal strip similar to the image posted with a feed from the molex.

Comment

• where can you buy the terminal strip localy? canadian tire? princess auto?
                    Orange GT Build
                    Orange V8 GT Build
                    Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

• I picked up one of those terminal strips at home depot

Comment

• We should create a thread about this stuff in the "ask for help" forum. I'm sure I'm not the only electrical noob who would benefit from this info. Besides, I just realized I caused some serious clutter in the wrong thread!! DOH! ADD strikes again!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
                          You do up a tutorial on that geared towards a complete electronics noob, and we'd be forever in your debt!! I dream of a setup like this:

Dang. That is ULTRA clean. If only haha.
                          Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
                          Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

• Originally posted by snef View Post
                            Hi Daz

Do you think you will have crystal link c47 fitting in white?
                            I need around 16

Thnks
                            Snef,

BP wants some ridiculous money for those... PPCs sell for $12, but my cost would be $20!

I'm little skeptical...but I check if this is a typo.
                            Last edited by DazMode; 05-21-2013, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• Ok thanks, waiting for your update

Ppcs is 12 for a pair, 20$ each is a typo for sure

Comment

• Originally posted by snef View Post
                                Ok thanks, waiting for your update

Ppcs is 12 for a pair, 20$ each is a typo for sure
                                Yes it was typo. Phew.
                                __________________________________________________
                                Retro Build: Build Log,
                                Baby Blue Build: Build Log,
                                Green Lanten Build: Build Log,
                                __________________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                                X