No announcement yet.

LED Rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that I've seen the pics, I must have 4 of these in UV.

Daz: you have any 4-1 Darkside Connect cables for these things? I'd want to daisy chain 4 of em off one 3-pin fan cable, as neatly as possible. What are our options here?

Comment

Bart... https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...tter-graphite/
      HAF932 Mods
      C70 Mods

Comment

You would need 2x double connect to 3 pin fan adapters

i assume you could use a dual 3 pin fan splitter after that for a single connection

later I'll post some pics of the connectors

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post

Daz: you have any 4-1 Darkside Connect cables for these things? I'd want to daisy chain 4 of em off one 3-pin fan cable, as neatly as possible. What are our options here?
          https://www.dazmode.com/store/catego...cable-options/
          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
          Venom Build: Build Log,
          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
          Orange Build: Final Video
          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post

I could make you a single cable with 4 connectors and a 3 pin fan connector if you'd like.
            You would need to buy 8 Connect G2 and RGB Crimp Pin Type B and 4 G2 Connector Type B from Daz and have them sent to me. I would assemble and send it to you.
            Add another $5 to the cost for me to add some sleeve, heatshrink, 3 pin fan connector and 2 terminals.
            Would just send to you by mail.
            Last edited by Hooded; 03-03-2016, 11:26 PM. Reason: I must have been smoking one when I made this post.
            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I think I only need to buy one extra cable. I already have a 2xG2 - 3pin cable, so I just need another one. I also have 3x fan splitter cables, so I could run 4 LED rings and another Darkside LED strip on the same fan controller channel. It will just add a mess of cables in back of the P5.

Hooded: thanks for the kind offer!

Comment

Comment

Purdy !
                  3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

I bought 5 of the blue ones from Daz.

So far I'm really liking them. I modified the front grill on my Arc Mini R2 to remove the "grid" style supports on the front fan filter to allow unobstructed view of the rings.

Here's a quick photo of them with my two favourite 120mm radiator fans:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14d3...ew?usp=sharing

The distortion is coming from the incredibly high brightness of these things run at 12 volts. I plan on connecting them to the Arc Mini R2's 3 speed fan controller or something that can allow them to be darkened.

And here behind the fan grill. Sorry my shots aren't FF level, but this was a quickie look:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/146c...ew?usp=sharing

I am going to want to use them either here on the top fans as well, or maybe in a second build with blue in it.
                    DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

It looks very nice!
                      Orange Horizon (Parvum Systems S2, i5-4690K, GTX 780TI, 16GB CL9, 500GB, Custom Loop)

Comment

I like the ring with that E-loop, looks really good on a white fan. Also cool idea to put them behind the fan, I was wondering if that were possible.
                        My Imgur

Comment

Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
                          Also cool idea to put them behind the fan, I was wondering if that were possible.
                          +1 on that! That's something I hadn't even considered. I have 4 of these in my Daz cart now, can't wait till Daz gets back!

Comment

Lookin good 10e

I agree the eloop is a good fit

Comment

Yeah, agreed, the eLoops are the way to go. Thanks guys!

I'm going to try them between fans and rad, and in front of fans to see what's better. Between fans and rads I think they act a bit as a shroud as they are 5-7mm thick.

And because they are white, they should show through the Arc Mini R2's front grill quite nicely with the LED Rings. Inside I'll be using Daz's ICE blue 12" strip to light up the internals. I love these things. They are a light teal which is my favourite colour ever.

I am saving 3 x GT AP-15s for my white rig (my first) coming up afterwards. They will likely have their blades painted white and the blue LED rings are going to be on top, and will show through nicely in the very open grill.

The eLoops are only a small margin noisier than the GTs and just as effective, and since this rig only consumes 470 watts max in gaming and benchmarks with 4790 and twin R9 Nano cards, I think that a 360mm EK Xe in top and a 240mm EK Xe radiator in front will more than suffice. The one thing I really like about the eLoops is their small center hub, giving you a bit smaller dead spot than the massive hub of the GTs.

Based on Extreme Rigs' tests they can dissipate over 550 watts of heat with fans at around 1300 RPM in push-pull.
                              DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

heck ya! this looks better than those Enermax Vegas. Can't wait for mine!
                                HAF932 Mods
                                C70 Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X