Artic Cooling Closed loop GPU solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artic Cooling Closed loop GPU solution

After the market successes of the Closed loop CPU systems from first Corsair, then everyone else...
    Artic Cooling have dropped their latest creation on the GPU end of things.

Anandtech takes a closer look...
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/6531/a...faint-of-heart

Personally... this might be a solution to those crazy hard to find full block non-reference designs... like the (lolz) GTX 460.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bungwirez; 12-31-2012, 03:04 AM.
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

wouldn't be my thing but still good for ppl that do not have the money for custom loops. how does it mount on the videocard/compatibly??
    Orange GT Build
    Orange V8 GT Build
    Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

it comes with a butt load of little heatsinks to mount on the VRM.
      and the water block only mounts to the GPU specifically, which is "universal",
      so technically it should work on every card.
      the review says mounting was still a bitch.
      HAF932 Mods
      C70 Mods

Comment

So I guess that is a uni-cooling block, both air and liquid? I guess the fan on the block is to cool off all the heat sinks LOL.
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
          So I guess that is a uni-cooling block, both air and liquid? I guess the fan on the block is to cool off all the heat sinks LOL.
          we'll call it a "Hybrid" ... like those cars that don't quite use only electric.
          HAF932 Mods
          C70 Mods

Comment

Never again will I ever go to a "closed loop" cooling system, not after the disastrous crap I went through with a CoolIt Domino...block cracked and sprayed coolant over the entire inside of my case/ components .

While the folks CoolIt Systems (based here in Calgary) were very gracious about cleaning my motherboard and video card; the damage had been done, and they had to replace the video card as well.
            AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Comment

BFG tried this right before they closed their doors. They showed up at Fragapalooza did a big presentation and said look at our new shiny GPU closed loop things and our new warranty. Within a year their doors closed.
              Corsair 800D
              2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
              Software Developer

Comment

BFwho? dug this out of archive...circa 2009

HAF932 Mods
                C70 Mods

Comment

Currently using a 1st gen Corsair H70 (almost 3 years old now) with my HAF 932 rig and a H60 with my HAF 912 rig. So far (knock on wood) no issues or problems with either one. The only small complaint I have with both units is the fans provided (2 with the H70 and 1 with the H60) are on the loud side. My Cooler Master Sickle Flow fans are WAY quieter and I think the move more air too.
                  Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Wow brechan69 that sucks

I have 3 H50's in service and have been performing great for years
                    yes they could have better fans but I changed them out of the gate
                    I have a H100 performs well, cant believe the loud fans they shipped with that unit

Comment

Corsair seems to have nailed it with the H series. My H100 was a great unit, aside from the pump noise. I'll RMA it and give the replacement to someone in need, maybe my Dad. The stock fans were indeed loud! But as long as you PWMed them, they were very quiet until the CPU was loaded.

Comment

Working...
                      X