TV's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV's

picked a new TV last night a demo, first time have bought one, is a 55" curved 4k Samsung series 7, netflix or ultraflix should say has some 4k content not allot but some. Must say am impressed so far. Detail and colour is pretty good out of the box idea. Will probably tweak it yet will see.

http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/t...UN55HU7250FXZC
    Blackout
    Something-New
    Sma8-Caselabs

Wow awesome Nass

been scanning the flyers and sales

not sure what to get

Comment

Wow ! Way cool, what is the optimum view distance since it is a curved screen ? Must have focal length that is best I would assume. Might be time to make some 4K movies with your telephone.
      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Thx FF ya there is newer models,
        this a 2014 model is SUHD models now

Am sitting back about 8 ft G, have a 27" 4k monitor but this 55" is pretty cool.
        Blackout
        Something-New
        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Looks like a nice screen
          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Still learning how to use its features think I will plug all sources into it then use the optical out back to reciever
            Blackout
            Something-New
            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Cool stuff !
              3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Is curve worth the hype?
                Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                Venom Build: Build Log,
                Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                Orange Build: Final Video
                HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

picked up a receiver also today, was a few deals out there, went with the Denon AVR-S710W

http://ca.denon.com/ca/product/bluet...ersbt/avrs710w
                  Blackout
                  Something-New
                  Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                    Is curve worth the hype?
                    Only bought this because of the price Daz and because it was 4K, being a demo was cheaper, that being said the curve is cool but not something I would run out to buy, least not at a premium. Looks a little weird on windows, also dosen't show up as a 4k monitor this tv on the computer is still 1920 x 1080 res @60 Hz. My 4k monitor shows up as 4k on my gaming system. Maybe need a new driver for my vid card.

Edit:

Stand corrected it does do 4k in nvidia settings now weird that it wasn't there before with previous receiver, guess has to do with the hdmi 2.0 or 2.2 standard, older receiver had to be 1.2.
                    Last edited by nass; 12-26-2015, 11:13 PM.
                    Blackout
                    Something-New
                    Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

4k @ 60Hz requires HDMI 2.0 or Display Port 1.2, for the most part you have to manually select 4k resolution, not all monitors are detected properly.

Having demo'd a couple 4k panels I can honestly say I just didn't get the reasoning for a curved screen. Sitting off axis can cause viewing issues, if you always sit close to center I had no problems though. Just not something I would pay extra for either. In the end I returned both 4k panels I had on demo and decided to stay with my current 1080p 3D Panasonic, there just isn't any high bitrate 4k source material to watch and the low bitrate 4k didn't look any better than Bluray when viewed from my normal distance. I decided to wait a year, cost on 4k will drop a significant amount and 4k Bluray should be starting to become reasonably priced. 4k Bluray players and discs should start hitting the store at the end of February.

If you need a TV now I would buy 4k, otherwise waiting seemed the better option.

Comment

Ya didn't realize that hdmi could do 4k, thought it was only Dp that could do that.

Learning about hdmi cec now also as it turns out the smart tv options ie: netflix, need the cec enabled or on so ARC can work with sources all plugged into your receiver and one arc hdmi out to the TV. Receiver wouldn't even show up in tv sound options till cec was on, on both receiver and TV.
                        Blackout
                        Something-New
                        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Working...
                        X