Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help if possible

Hey guys,

I hope that you all had a great weekend. I have something to ask you regarding a damaged GPU that was still working before. I have a Sapphire R9 290X reference card that I found one of the inductors was cracked and the piece fell off. I never bothered to fix it since I had just bought a third card. Is there anyway to fix this?

I've found the part you need, Coiltronics 1007r3 r23. Unfortunatly I'm having a hard time finding where to buy it, I would look on the cooperbussmann site to find a local distributor and ask them if they have it or to order it. Here is the PDF sheet I found. You need the R3 R23 as that is for the 2ndary power phase, and not the main phase witch is r15. Then you can either solder it yourself, or find an electronics repair store to do it for you.

http://www1.cooperbussmann.com/pdf/7...9b2be9f2e4.pdf
    My Imgur

Comment

Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
      I've found the part you need, Coiltronics 1007r3 r23. Unfortunatly I'm having a hard time finding where to buy it, I would look on the cooperbussmann site to find a local distributor and ask them if they have it or to order it. Here is the PDF sheet I found. You need the R3 R23 as that is for the 2ndary power phase, and not the main phase witch is r15. Then you can either solder it yourself, or find an electronics repair store to do it for you.

http://www1.cooperbussmann.com/pdf/7...9b2be9f2e4.pdf
      Digikey is usually awesome for stuff like that but looks like no stock at the moment (or special order only to be more specific).

Assuming Necro is right this looks like the one you need
      http://www.digikey.ca/product-detail...8-6-ND/4430586

Comment

Thanks guys.
        I wonder how expensive this will be. I am not used to solder things but I always wanted to get a soldering kit. It's going to be tricky.

Comment

I found a place where I can buy them online. They aren't that expensive but shipping and handling is. So I guess I'll just order 5 just in case something goes wrong. What do you guys think?

This is the place I am going to buy it from http://ca.mouser.com/Search/ProductD...FP1007R3-R23-R but I am awaiting opinions as to how many I should buy. Also, I would appreciate if someone could do this for me and I am willing to pay since I don't want to mess it up due to the small space between the inductor and capacitor.
          Last edited by Hero1; 02-16-2016, 11:43 PM.

Comment

I would take off the air cooler and de-solder it, and then re-solder it from the other side. I usually use de-soldering tape to remove the solder and then I paint with flux to get solder to stick to what I need it to.
            DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

fascinating
              HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by 10e View Post
                I would take off the air cooler and de-solder it, and then re-solder it from the other side. I usually use de-soldering tape to remove the solder and then I paint with flux to get solder to stick to what I need it to.
                That's interesting take. I guess I'll just order 1 even though ordering 5 makes more sense due to the amount I have to pay for shipping.

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
                fascinating
                It's more like terrifying. I guess I am in store for some soldering kit.

Comment

Hero I got a great soldering station that I've never used once... works perfectly for desoldering.

and I'm coming to waterloo on Friday ... you want to borrow?
                  HAF932 Mods
                  C70 Mods

Comment

Hero I got a great soldering station that I've never used once... works perfectly for desoldering.

and I'm coming to waterloo on Friday ... you want to borrow?
                    OMG! That would be great. How long are you going to be in town for? PM with the details please.

Comment

I got the package. Fedex came but I was at work so I went and picked it up today.
                      Bungz came over and dropped off the soldering station. What a gentleman.
                      I will work on the card when my wife and son go to bed. I had planned to work on it after I picked it up but the day has been hectic. I can't wait to get started and I will use this thread to upload all the photos and progress.

Comment

Excellent ! And good man Bungy !
                        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Good stuff.
                          Hopefully all goes well.
                          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

no problemo. wish we could have had more time to chat, but I was already late for D&D.
                            HAF932 Mods
                            C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                              Good stuff.
                              Hopefully all goes well.
                              Thanks.
                              Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
                              Excellent ! And good man Bungy !
                              He surely is.

no problemo. wish we could have had more time to chat, but I was already late for D&D.
                              I hope we have a longer visit next time. Where did you go for D&D (Is it Dungeons and Dragons) and who was hosting it?

I haven't been able to work on the card as I though I would due to work and busy family schedule. I will be working on it tomorrow and have the area all setup for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X