Samsung Pro 950

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung Pro 950

Well am always looking for something faster.

This is a limited review time as just got it on Friday idea.

Moving from 2-840 pro's (256's) in raid 0.

Initially, these things are pretty fast, expensive though $455 plus the gov's cut for a 512.
    Don't have any game installed as of yet but windows notice things though, music playback for example even though playing from other drives is instant.

Now were not talking a crazy change in speed but some things so far ya do notice.

Their quoted speeds on the box are from Atto, IOmeter running for awhile with say 8-10 cloned workers says way less though.

There may be some fixes or tweaks, haven't really looked into optimizing things yet.

Now my existing raid0 had a real hard time trying to keep it even though followed gigabytes charts as to where things are hooked up on the controllers as to which slot your using. My board will handle 2 of these in raid0 though not sure is worth it money wise, knowing me may try it still.

One of these as your os and whatever else you can fit is indefinably the way to go and a storage drive of your choosing.

Canada computers has the best price for these by allot.
    Blackout
    Something-New
    Sma8-Caselabs

Have you noticed it running hot and speed throttling?

Comment

I got to get my two 950's installed, just don't feel like doing a completely new install these days.
      However the machine I did the Win7 to Win10 upgrade on needs a nice clean Win10 install.
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

No I haven't noticed her getting hot though have not checked should I be FF?

Checked is just slightly warm, am using the slot in between the vid cards for this one.

U going to be running yours in raid0, 256 or 512 u have Hooded?
        Blackout
        Something-New
        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Nah just 1 for OS/APPs and 1 for Games

Comment

ya am thinking this 512 be enough for both
            Blackout
            Something-New
            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

The theoretical max bandwidth of the DMI 3.0 link on Z170 is 3.93 GB/s, benchmarking has shown that 512GB 950's in RAID 0 will top out around 3.5 GB/s read and 3.0 GB/s write, testing was done on a SOC Force board using RAID 0 of 2 and 3 drives. Basically two will saturate the bus before hitting full performance, although you will still get some improvement in "snappiness". I was planning to do RAID 0 on my SOC Force but won't bother having seen the benchmarks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dA8yNEZgQU

Comment

Pretty cool video, been awhile since was on pcper . Think will stay with just the 512 at least for now.
                Blackout
                Something-New
                Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by nass View Post
                  Pretty cool video, been awhile since was on pcper . Think will stay with just the 512 at least for now.
                  PCPer has quickly become my goto for actual tech news.
                  HAF932 Mods
                  C70 Mods

Comment

Took the plunge today and did a clean install on main rig using windows 10 pro 64bit latest build(1511)
                    After 12 hours of installing updating and testing, it's running very snappy I must say.

Comment

Ya been sick so haven't done much on mine yet, how's the games?
                      Blackout
                      Something-New
                      Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Sorry to hear ! Hope you are better soon.
                        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Load times for games on the 950Pro load really fast.

Comment

2200-2500 mb's should be damn fast

Cant wait to get one....or 4 lol

Get well soon Nass

Comment

Thx guys,

Ya going to get some games in today maybe grab the latest cod and test it out.
                              Blackout
                              Something-New
                              Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Working...
                              X