• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GEARjmr View Post
    Sweet job there Hooded!
    lol

Comment

Nice job. I too have had a few mishaps with blades breaking. Loosing clips. Mostly due to my Clumsy Hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Hanoverfist View Post
        Nice job. I too have had a few mishaps with blades breaking. Loosing clips. Mostly due to my Clumsy Hands.
        Not necessarily; I've found that the fans that come with the Switch 810 will break with even the slightest pressure, real pisser when trying to clean and a blade will snap
        AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Comment

lol..sory bout that FF gettin' and . I too would like to paint 6 GT AP15s and 2 Gelid 140mms (sure glad those Gelid blades just pop off) along with the EX rad in my build. Thanks much for the tute!
          CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
          XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Can you make picture of fan spinning?
            Sentinel Build: Build Log,
            Venom Build: Build Log,
            Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
            Orange Build: Final Video
            HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Do you mean the red Typhoons

Click image for larger version

Name:	red fans 005.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	262.5 KB
ID:	74904

I have about a 100 around here

I got 48 for Magnum alone

Comment

Coooooool

Comment

I could do some unpainted for the store if u like

Comment

Hey Father Fuzzy, I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions.

I'm a bit worried about changing the weight of the fan blades by adding paint. Is there any way to say boil water and add dye to it, then dip the blades in there and have them dyed? Would the effect be as good? And would fluorescent dyes work? I'm hoping to dye my GT blades to fluorescent (neon) orange and green.

Also, is there any way to dye black plastic? I haven't been able to find anything definitive online. I'm looking to paint the casing of the fans to match.

Sorry for the threadjack, but you're the closest I've come to finding any information about dying Gentle Typhoons in my searches.

Comment

If you not overSpay - no problem

Comment

Hey Skorpien

I have read many arguments about fan painting affecting weight/balance ...while some fans might be affected
                        light weight fans..xigmatek crystals come to mind

I dont believe any of it towards
                        the typhoons
                        They have the heaviest blades I have seen and a few coats of paint wont mess them up

The product used was vinyl dye for spraying a cars interior worked excellent and dont believe will peel

Dont dunk them in dye,wouldnt want to mess around with the inner centers

for neon , just spray them with color you can find

I have been looking at the neon spraycans at HD

I was thinking of trying yellow

And to Dazmode Dude

Comment

Originally posted by skorpien View Post
                          Hey Father Fuzzy, I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions.

I'm a bit worried about changing the weight of the fan blades by adding paint. Is there any way to say boil water and add dye to it, then dip the blades in there and have them dyed? Would the effect be as good? And would fluorescent dyes work? I'm hoping to dye my GT blades to fluorescent (neon) orange and green.

Also, is there any way to dye black plastic? I haven't been able to find anything definitive online. I'm looking to paint the casing of the fans to match.

Sorry for the threadjack, but you're the closest I've come to finding any information about dying Gentle Typhoons in my searches.
                          Hey skorpien, welcome to the Dazmode Forums!

I'm no expert in fan painting, but I do know (unfortunately) you can't dye black plastic. The method you described (boiling water with dye added) will work on plastics, but you can only go from a light coloured plastic to a dark colour - for example, a white fan blade can be dyed to any colour which is darker than white. You can not go from black to white.
                          Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome! That's good to know about the fan weight coming into play. I hadn't taken that into consideration, but it makes sense now that I think about it. I think I'll go through with it The Gentle Typhoon blades are pretty hefty on their own and an even coat of paint should add minimal weight.

scaccima, I figured as much. Everything I found lead me to that conclusion, but I guess I was hoping against hope that it would work the other way too :p

Oh well, worst that can happen is I'll mess up a couple of fans. Nobody said modding was gonna be cheap, right?

Comment

Thanx for the great tutorial, just did my ap-15's and they turned out fantastic. You're right on with being careful with those retaining clips, one flew off, hit the wall and was gone. Luckily i found it 30' away on the floor, just caught my eye.

Comment

Thanks huhh and to Dazmode Zone

yeah when they decide to fly could wind up anywhere

glad you found it helpful

throw some pics up here of your fans

Comment

Working...
                                X