Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha ha thanks

Comment

just booted the rig up for the first time shes running like a dream! super stoked no hickups. only thing i noticed was my asus hero vii board saw teh ram as 1600 not 1866. any recommendations for cpu and gpu temp monitoring? will my aquaero 6 and aquasuite monitor all this from the program and lcd display? any must have programs?

what should i do to make sure im getting proper cooling while playing games? benchmark her? if so what programs to make sure shes running all safe and sound?

Comment

unigine valley
        Catzilla
        HWmonitor

but personally, I would just jump into some BF4, ultra set ... and see what happens.
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

ok so after hours of trying to figure out TDM on the mac and how to make it properly work. I finally went to the local Microcenter pc store and found the proper cable Mini DP to display port and it works like a charm. I like the fact that i can use my mac for everyday browsing and letting my wife use it for all her BS and with the click of Command F2 it switches over to the PC i built and even uses the iMacs speakers which is plenty good for me. Makes for a small nice lil workspace with my 27inch iMac and my gaming PC next to it. Was really worried after trying Mini DP to HDMI adapters that everyone at the store said would work and not having any luck that they do work and work well.

I have noticed when i put up my PC the luxe lights and the fans come on then turn off then it comes on again and boots up? is this a problem somewhere? instead of them all just turning on and the PC booting up?

Comment

A good stress test to test cooling efficiency and stability is OCCT. The PSU stress test will load your system to the max. You should be able to gauge accurately, the max power draw of you system as well.

AIDA64 is the monitoring software I use. It is great and provides much more valuable info than just system monitoring. And hey, not sure if it still is, but it was originally developed by a Canadian company. If you are a true PC geek, AIDA64 is for you.The Aquaero software monitors the system temps and fan speeds doesnt it?

As bung suggested, Unique Valley or Heaven are good graphics benchmarks. Another good benchmark is Asus's ROG RealBench. It stresses subsystem with real-world applications, and will give you a great indication as to how your build's power compares to others as there is a scoreboard. You dont need a Asus ROG Mobo to run it, a ROG board is required to compete in their forum though.

And again, as bung suggested, play BF4 (ULTRA) for a few rounds if you have it. Nothing better than real-world apps to test your system. With an i7-3930K (4590mhz) and a GTX680 (1175mhz/1754mhz), and playing BF4, my CPU consistently sits around 54C and GPU around 49C at max. That is in a single loop with a 480 and 240 rad, and HeatKiller blocks. And fans at only 900-1000 RPM.

As far as your memory goes, I would think it is running at default, as most memory. You must go into your BIOS and either set it to 1866 with XMP, or do it manually. Even my Dominator Platinum 2400MHZ RAM runs at 1600mhz by default. And with my 3930K, the best I can get stable is about 2280mhz manually. XMP setting will not boot. Presently, it is running solid as a rock at 2176mhz and 9-11-10-27-1 at 1.63v. This is due to the 3930K's weak IMC. The same memory kit runs stable at 2480mhz in an i5-760 system.

Comment

Originally posted by trestles126 View Post
              ok so after hours of trying to figure out TDM on the mac and how to make it properly work. I finally went to the local Microcenter pc store and found the proper cable Mini DP to display port and it works like a charm. I like the fact that i can use my mac for everyday browsing and letting my wife use it for all her BS and with the click of Command F2 it switches over to the PC i built and even uses the iMacs speakers which is plenty good for me. Makes for a small nice lil workspace with my 27inch iMac and my gaming PC next to it. Was really worried after trying Mini DP to HDMI adapters that everyone at the store said would work and not having any luck that they do work and work well.

I have noticed when i put up my PC the luxe lights and the fans come on then turn off then it comes on again and boots up? is this a problem somewhere? instead of them all just turning on and the PC booting up?
              If it is an Asus mobo (especially ROG) and you turned the PSU power switch off de-energizing the system, that is a normal start-up routine. If that happens with a soft shut down, then I would think there could be an issue.

Comment

thanks guys u guys rock! just set up my mac as to share internet seeing that i have my mac on wireless and just hooked up a short ethernet cable to my new pc and wallaa good to go no need to get a wireless adapter. NOW i need to learn how to or if i even can use my mac to make ISO files to load games i have on a disk to a usb drive so i can put them on my pc! or maybe i can use the ethernet cord to share files.....

Comment

MAC has games?
                  HAF932 Mods
                  C70 Mods

Comment

No my Mac has a CD-ROM I have a few games Diablo 3/ planescape torment/ Starcraft that I'd like to put on ISO usb drives to load to pc

Comment

well... the easiest solution is to get yourself another $10 CDrim for your PC.

or if its compatible, pull the CDRim out of the Mac...
                      HAF932 Mods
                      C70 Mods

Comment

Working...
                      X