Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up a Drain system on loop

Hi,

I am trying to find a vid tutorial on installing a drain setup with the watercloop through a T connector and a quick-disconnect system in order to drain the system when needed easily.. Any videos you can think of?

Not a tutorial, but you get an idea.
    http://youtu.be/hGsa8oD1bTw?t=13m39s
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

I used a T connector at the top of my loop to bridge off to a bleed port, and then hooked up an extra hose to the reservoir and have then out as a drain port, this way no need to fight with a quick disconnect inside the case.

The Rad in the front of my case has the ports at the top so it has a tendency to pool liquid up even after it's been drained, so be cautious of that.

-- Edit

For a clearer picture, Take a look at the picture of my build in another post, First LC build in over 10 years, if you look at the top left you'll see the t connector leading to a small cut off of the flex tube the bottom right the small piece of flex hose coming off the reservoir.

The bleed port tubing is cut just long enough to put out of the back of the case and lift higher than the radiator to ensure the liquid doesn't come out of that port.
      Last edited by LiQuiD DiGitZ; 10-09-2014, 08:21 PM.

Comment

My prefered way is without the T connector but with Quick disconnects in the bottom of the loop and an extra pair with tubing attached to open the quick disconnects.

Separate the ones in the loop, attach the spares and the loop is draining.
        Corsair 800D
        2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
        Software Developer

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
          Thanks that helps a bit.

I vote for a dedicated tutorial for draining / filling a system with QDCs, etc

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
            On the video, the QDC is connected directly to the T connector?!! I looked closely, how did you do that.. I was thinking I need a straight compression fitting between the QDC and the T connector:

T connector -> compression fitting -> small tube -> QDC

Comment

He used a QDC with a G1/4 thread.
              Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
              OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
              Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Working...
              X