• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hardtubing fittings

What do u guys recommend and tubing size? This is for my H1 cube case
    Blackout
    Something-New
    Sma8-Caselabs

Stainless steel sink supply lines ! I'm sure you have lots in your van.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	gif (13).jpg
Views:	4
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	76492
    3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

LOL.

do this... big tube for a big case

HAF932 Mods
      C70 Mods

Comment

Cool, saw that before and considered it. I could lend you a tap and get you tubing if you were to do it "nass".
        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

I guess 10/12 easier to bend.
          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
          Venom Build: Build Log,
          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
          Orange Build: Final Video
          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Yes the smaller is easier for sure, but when you heat it up it does not hold the heat like the thicker wall tubing. Smaller tube sets quicker so less adjustment time. I'm kind of partial to the 16mm myself. All depends on the look you want to achieve I guess.

Comment

I've seen guys like that Singularity Computers dude use smaller tube to connect CPU to RAM / mobo blocks (if you're going that route), then bigger 16mm tube for the rest of the loop. The smaller stuff is much easier to work with in small places (according to him, I've never used hard tube). Might be something to think about if you're doing the RAM / mobo too.

Comment

good point Bart.

@Daz... I used egg timer. then you can set up good time under heat before you start to bend.

too fast heat = air bubbles.
                too fast bend = cracks.

patience and practice eh.
                HAF932 Mods
                C70 Mods

Comment

Will get lots of practise tube.. thinking big cases bigger tube or maybe look weird.
                  Blackout
                  Something-New
                  Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Oh yeah, I remember you guys bending some tube at the OCN Lan. What did you guys sneak in to drink ? 90 degree turned into 95 or so ! Heh heh !Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3285.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	76493

Comment

No one mentioned here how to cut the tubing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUo-sfxWLo4

Just from experience from "O" rings being used in a car _ the above video would not be the best thing to get the end of the tube square.
                      One has to remember though that we're not dealing with the heat and pressure in a car here, but even then, can the method in the video be good enough to make a proper square and smooth surface for the "O" ring to seal on ?
                      The part that really worries me is when he starts sanding the end of the tube with his 400 grit paper _ it is very difficult to hold his block and paper and keep it square to the tube.

The guy in the video mentions a table saw and special blade for cutting plastic _ wouldn't that be better ?

Or better still, a small hobbyists lathe ? (over kill and expensive, but it would yield the best results)

If this pipe cutter was new and sharp I wonder if that would work if one were to be very careful, feeding the cutter in slowly on the acrylic so it doesn't crack.

http://www.zorocanada.com/i/G4821652...FYVbfgodmEMAvg

Comment

Just get a small miter box like the one Monsoon has or a cheapo at crappy tire
                        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Like Hooded says, a mitre box works well. You will crack the pipe if you use a tubing cutter, might be nice to scribe a line with though if you are gentle. 24 tooth blade works well to cut and you could make a little jig out of wood to keep your sanding block square.

Comment

for sure Jeff. I was drunk last time I cut up and bent hard tube. no mitre, just eyeball close.
                            it wasn't pretty for sure, but got better with sanding - a must infact.
                            the edges need a bevel to slip past the o-ring.
                            HAF932 Mods
                            C70 Mods

Comment

ya hence the practice tubing . Just going to be doing cpu and vids, maybe ram blocks, have a few of them laying around, will see on the the ram blocks. Going to a couple 360 rads, plus the depth of around 2'-3' with both cases together idea. Will get the mandrels for the bending, Lowfat seems to like them. Heatgun guess can get from home depot right? Also will grab the reamer, believe it will do the camfer also no? Have a lenox mini hacksaw that will fly through the tubing cuts...

http://www.homedepot.com/p/PRO-SERIE...9?N=5yc1vZc2fe
                              Last edited by nass; 11-06-2014, 02:47 AM.
                              Blackout
                              Something-New
                              Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Working...
                              X