Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Res, Bay or Tube

Hey all, sorry for all the questions.

I am looking at getting a new res, just not sure if I should stick with a bay res or go with a tube res. Also My pumps are getting up there in age, should i start looking at replacements now? Hopping to do some maintenance to the loop over the Xmas holidays.

Thanks,

Chris
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K | Crucial 4x4Gb | OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS 240GB | WD Velociraptor 1TB | AMD r9 290 Crossfire | Win8.1 Pro 64 | EK-Supremacy | 2 x Alphacool XT45 360 | EK - FC290 | 2x Liang DDC 3.25 | Koolance RP - 401X2 | Case Labs M8 |

Pumps should be fine for years of performance.
    I prefer tube res to bay res as they are easier to fill and bleed your system. However they are usually harder to fit in your case and mount than a bay res.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I've tried both, and while having two pumps in a 5.25 bay was fairly convenient, I much prefer tube reservoirs for better tube routing, easier filling, etc. With bay reservoirs, filling can be a pain, and neat tube runs can be pretty tough (depending on your case of course).

Comment

Tube rez gets my vote.

Comment

99% Tube.
          HAF932 Mods
          C70 Mods

Comment

Sounds like tube it is, should I go with EK or BP?
            Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K | Crucial 4x4Gb | OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS 240GB | WD Velociraptor 1TB | AMD r9 290 Crossfire | Win8.1 Pro 64 | EK-Supremacy | 2 x Alphacool XT45 360 | EK - FC290 | 2x Liang DDC 3.25 | Koolance RP - 401X2 | Case Labs M8 |

Comment

I like BP for all the extra stuff... pump mounts, and fancy bits. little more spendy, and you really have to monitor your height requirements.
              HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

Hmmm, wonder if they make this without the pre-installed pumps

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/pumps-and-a...l-2x-pump.html

Comment

you don't need two pumps mate.
                  HAF932 Mods
                  C70 Mods

Comment

I ran a loop with two pumps for a while, a D4 and a D5 vario set on 4. I enjoyed the redundancy and extra flow, plus I had a flow meter and a tbalancer, so it was set up to shut it down if it detected that the flow dropped. The D4 was old, and the cpu block quite restrictive (Apogee XT). Plus I had two rads (one in the garage, so extra tubing) and two full cover blocks. I prefer that kind of setup to running two loops with a single pump in each.

Comment

Having said that, I have no immediate plans to go with two pumps

Comment

You don't need two pumps, you need THREE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclops View Post
                          You don't need two pumps, you need THREE!!!
                          ROFL... like you need an SUV with a plow to manage the snow.
                          HAF932 Mods
                          C70 Mods

Comment

I wish I could say I have never seen that, but....

Comment

Working...
                            X