Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last one I swear

Ok,

Looking for some tips on optimizing my current setup (tube routing, smaller diameter tubing, order etc..), pics can be found here and I will make sure to upload some newer ones to the last page.

http://www.dazmode.com/_forum/showth...ase-Labs-Build

I will probably go with the tube style res, I have a swiftech X2 top that I can use for that purpose. I am hoping to put it in the motherboard side of the case.

I added a 3rd rad to the loop, I will probably remove it as I don't think it is doing much in the way of removing heat anymore then the 2 360's that I already had in the case.

Again inputs on this would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris
    Last edited by drkCrix; 11-18-2014, 05:05 PM.
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K | Crucial 4x4Gb | OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS 240GB | WD Velociraptor 1TB | AMD r9 290 Crossfire | Win8.1 Pro 64 | EK-Supremacy | 2 x Alphacool XT45 360 | EK - FC290 | 2x Liang DDC 3.25 | Koolance RP - 401X2 | Case Labs M8 |

Oh yeah now I remember your build.

Being you have such a nice big case and 3 GPU's I would consider duel loops. 1 for GPU's and 1 for CPU and toss in a couple ram blocks for shits and giggles on the other. Keep all rads, 2 - 360's for GPUs and 1 for the CPU and Ram blocks. I got a couple XSPC ram blocks, each for 4 sticks. Would sell then cheap if you would like them.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

3 GPUs are gone, just 2 290s now, should I still go dual loop?
      Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K | Crucial 4x4Gb | OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS 240GB | WD Velociraptor 1TB | AMD r9 290 Crossfire | Win8.1 Pro 64 | EK-Supremacy | 2 x Alphacool XT45 360 | EK - FC290 | 2x Liang DDC 3.25 | Koolance RP - 401X2 | Case Labs M8 |

Comment

Dual loops is not required but nice bling factor as you have double res.

Would go with hard tube 10/12mm.
        Setup GPU's in parallel with hard tube like nass has just done.
        Ram blocks just to say the whole thing is underwater.
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
            Dual loops is not required but nice bling factor as you have double res.

Would go with hard tube 10/12mm.
            Setup GPU's in parallel with hard tube like nass has just done.
            Ram blocks just to say the whole thing is underwater.
            Agree with Hooded. Single loop will be perfectly fine whether you go serial or parallel with VGA.

Comment

OK, so if I decided to redo and go with hard tubing, what would I need to pick up and what setup would I use to drain it? (currently I have koolance QDCs)
              Last edited by drkCrix; 11-18-2014, 07:52 PM.

Comment

I would kip drain system with flex tube.
                Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                Venom Build: Build Log,
                Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                Orange Build: Final Video
                HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

If you want to lose that 6-Pin EZ plug, fly at it. If only running 2-Way SLI, you dont need that extra power. It is nice to have, but unnecessary and well...... unsightly. I did a RIVE build with a 3960X, 32GB mem (4X8GB), and two GTX580 cards in SLI. The CPU and both video cards overclocked hardcore for benching. No issues whatsoever. When I was running 3-Way SLI, and with all memory slots occupied, I used the EZ plug. 3-Way SLI, it was pulling 1265W with everything screaming.

Comment

oh ... good eyes Xman...

I did the same on my z68 with dual 560ti448

one less useless cable
                    HAF932 Mods
                    C70 Mods

Comment

I will take a look at that. I have an idea, just need to sketch it out and get some opinions.

Comment

Please mind the horrible paint skills, just trying to get my idea out on paper.

Here is where I am stuck, not sure how to cleanly route everything in the system to give it a nice clean look (not wanting to bend tubes, would prefer straight with 90/45 fittings) Any thoughts are appreciated.

Arrows indicate possible flow directions for the EK parallel block

Comment

Working...
                        X