Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto-Shut-off PC when water pump stops - BIOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure thing G.

http://www.dazmode.com/_forum/showth...n102-Tap-Water
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

Man, that's gross !
      And being Mississippi water where it never freezes, there would be all sorts of living plant life in it...

Comment

Cool, but where's the image of the critter bursting out. I think he's living in Akira's reservoir now that we captured him.
        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

oh, this one...

Click image for larger version

Name:	bungs.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	75933
          HAF932 Mods
          C70 Mods

Comment

Mmmmm such deliciousness.

Comment

I love that one Bung's !
              3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Especially good chocolate covered _ nice and crunchy...

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
                  I've been in this exact situation where my loop was clogged but kept running and temps went upward of only 90-95 degrees.
                  didn't shut down the system, but it did make her unstable.

the key give away to me - other than the temp - was the vortex in my tube rez.

of course, this was my "tap water loop experiment"
                  I am curious, why didnot your CPU shutdown the system automatically, even at 90+?

Comment

>bios://CPU socket temp protection = OFF.

IRC was trying hard to kill the 2600K as well...
                    you know, wanting new kit and all and trying to pull one over on the Mrs.

joke was on me though, cause that same CPU is still kicking strong as my daily...
                    HAF932 Mods
                    C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by jack_l2 View Post
                      I am curious, why didnot your CPU shutdown the system automatically, even at 90+?
                      On my Asus Crosshair V Formula Z with an AMD FX-8350, the thermal protection works. As you know, I have a fan controller capable of shutting the system down, but I had just set up my loop and hadn't configured it yet. My flow meter reported 0 flow, but I had just shorted out a USB fan controller and blamed that, thinking there was no way the flow was actually zero with a loop that had only been running for a few days. The CPU overheated and DID shutdown. So while it works, I would rather rely on the fan controller so temps don't get so high before shutdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
                        On my Asus Crosshair V Formula Z with an AMD FX-8350, the thermal protection works. As you know, I have a fan controller capable of shutting the system down, but I had just set up my loop and hadn't configured it yet. My flow meter reported 0 flow, but I had just shorted out a USB fan controller and blamed that, thinking there was no way the flow was actually zero with a loop that had only been running for a few days. The CPU overheated and DID shutdown. So while it works, I would rather rely on the fan controller so temps don't get so high before shutdown.
                        Is it possible to adjust that CPU temp parameter? Where in the BIOS is it exactly?

Comment

My bios will be different from yours (AMD vs Intel) but I'll try to check later, just on my way out.

Comment

I had a quick look through the manual of my C5F-Z as well as my Z77 Sabertooth. Both described options for adjusting the temperature at which cpu throttling occurred to prevent overheating, and the C5F-Z had options for shutting down if the NB or SB exceeded a user defined value. But I didn't see any place to adjust the cpu temp at which shutdown occurred, although that protection does exist.

The C5F-Z also allowed for shutdown based on a user defined value for the opt1, 2, or 3 fan channels. These have a temp sensor header, so I could e.g. hook one to a water temp sensor and set values for shutdown. Only the highest end boards have this kind of thing, and I'm not familiar with yours...

Comment

Working...
                            X