Bitfenix Prodigy ITX build advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
    Looks good so far, a bit of an engineering challenge to stuff the case but am sure you are up for the challenge.
    Engineering is not my strong suite, as you can plainly see here:

I did discover a problem though. I must have peeled some acetal off the GPU block when installing the fittings. This looks kinda scary:

Comment

You can only do so much in a cramped space like that Bart _ this is talking from experience working with a mATX case and too big of a power supply...
      I think the best one can do in cases like this is simply to get it all in.
      Doing a whole bunch of custom cables may give it more of a "finished" feel, but that's allot of work !

And thanks for the price for the OEM version _ that's the lowest I can find too.
      The owner at this computer shop will probably trade me for 8.1 from my W7 Ultimate _ or we can strike a deal.
      I really disliked 8 at first, but now that I'm used to it, I prefer it over W7.

Comment

glad you fell that way about the system bart and you are welcome? just an fyi the front panel was flip over and therfore the 5.25 bay is upside down from it's original layout. i have screws with nuts holding it in place so if you wish to flip it around you can but it will interfere with the radiator.
        Orange GT Build
        Orange V8 GT Build
        Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Originally posted by MRDcanadian View Post
          glad you fell that way about the system bart and you are welcome? just an fyi the front panel was flip over and therfore the 5.25 bay is upside down from it's original layout. i have screws with nuts holding it in place so if you wish to flip it around you can but it will interfere with the radiator.
          Yeah I noticed that, but it's all good. I did consider removing the 5.25 cage for more space, and maybe space for the 140 rad, but I'm going to leave it as is. It's a snappy little system, and the temps seem pretty darn sweet for only having a 240 rad! I won't be gaming on this I don't think, so temps aren't a huge concern. I'm very pleased with the system. I won't knock it since my lack of planning is what makes me hate small builds. Can't blame the system for that! The prodigy has serious potential when modded too. The guy that did the Vault Boy mod in one fitted a 280 in the roof + a 240 inside, so it has tons of potential for modders.

Comment

I dont think you can notice any measurable difference with those acetal pieces
            Sentinel Build: Build Log,
            Venom Build: Build Log,
            Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
            Orange Build: Final Video
            HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
              I dont think you can notice any measurable difference with those acetal pieces
              I hope not, because I'm far too lazy to drain the system and take everything apart. I didn't consider a proper drain when I put this together, so I drain it by using a squeeze bottle to suck the water out of the reservoir.

Comment

Working...
              X