Eheim 1048 pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eheim 1048 pump

I been reading about this pump, was considering it as a backup. It is supposed to also be very quiet, very reliable.

Any tried one before?

http://www.marinedepot.com/Eheim_104...EH1048-vi.html

maybe for your aquarium... I don't believe this pump is g1/4 fitting compatible...
    sure, its submersible... but why?
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
      http://www.marinedepot.com/Eheim_104...EH1048-vi.html

maybe for your aquarium... I don't believe this pump is g1/4 fitting compatible...
      sure, its submersible... but why?
      It does have a G1/4 fitting. Mostly for quietness, and it is also very reliable, why not?

Comment

I'm not saying it won't work, cause it will certainly push water.

just that this type of pump is what I would consider "vintage"
        many lads and lasses used it prior to the advent of our DDC and D5's - and with good results.
        mainly, back in the day there was very little literature to support reliablity of PC pumps,
        and the price of these fish tank pumps was very reasonable in comparison.

today, we know a D5 will give you years of solid performance if you take care of it.

edit... looking a little harder, I see that both Aquacomputer and Alphacool offer variations of these pumps over on FrozenCPoo... very expensive.
        Last edited by bungwirez; 01-08-2015, 03:28 AM.
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

I don't think the near silent running of those pumps is a quite as a D5. I run my D5's at 24v and still hear only my fans.
          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Working...
          X