Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So my D5 Vario pump broke down on me... after under 2 years of use.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my D5 Vario pump broke down on me... after under 2 years of use.

It seems like the bearing worn out and cause the rotor to click and jam and spin again and jam again.

Is this a common problem or I just have bad luck on this unit? No warranty I guess...

The one I bought: https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...io_8-24v_pump/
    X79 | 3930k 4.803Ghz | 16GB Samsung 30nm 2227Mhz | GTX TITAN 1255Mhz | Corsair 600T | OC.Net

Sounds as it jamming and protection kicks in , but I doubt that ceramic ball would wear off. Any debree inside?

2y is out of warranty.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Apparently I am not entirely sure, is there a way to open up the D5? I took a twist with my hand and actually felt some area jam a bit with rusty feeling or grindy.
      X79 | 3930k 4.803Ghz | 16GB Samsung 30nm 2227Mhz | GTX TITAN 1255Mhz | Corsair 600T | OC.Net

Comment

I was searching around and found some informative info about pump wearing out the impeller.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1097561/p...#post_14686774

I guess leaving at speed 5 on a restrictive loop is not a good idea.
        Last edited by DJRiful; 02-22-2015, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Those guys a re talking about wear in the pump top, not in the bearing of the D5.
          You can't prevent erosion of the top be cause moving fluid causes friction and friction causes erosion. You can reduce erosion with better top designs but you will never eliminate it.

I always have my D5 set at 5 never had an issue. Is it running on a 12volt or 24volt power supply. D5 running on 5 @12V is not going to be running the pump at max speed.
          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Working...
          X