X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tubing

Hey guys

My build is currently in a ncase m1 with 3/8 ID 1/2 OD

I'm moving the build into a prodigy as I dislike the tiny room to work in the ncase m1. It's very frustrating to drain the system with it

Now I will be using 2x240Mm rads in this case but should I use 3/8ID 5/8 OD or stick with my 1/2 OD tubes?

Thanks

Main advantage of the thicker wall tube is that it does not collapse as easily as the thinner wall tube.
    Main disadvantage of the larger tube is the fittings are also larger. This sometimes leads to using some kind of an adapter fitting between the block and tube fitting. eg: some cpu blocks and some gpu blocks don't have enough space between inlet and outlet ports to use 5/8 fittings side by side. these require an adapter/angled fitting.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

What would be the best choice to use in a prodigy? It is still quite small but bigger compared to the nacse m1

Comment

The tube size used won't make that much difference in prodigy build, unless you go to 3/4"OD tubing.
        Search this site for Prodigy. There are a lot of those builds on here with some good info. These build logs will answer most of your questions if not all.
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Thanks

Looks like many people are going 3/8IDx5/8OD might go that route

Comment

Hey Sashi. Welcome to Daz.

have you taken some time to consider hardline tubes?
            would give you much more options in that chassis.
            HAF932 Mods
            C70 Mods

Comment

Hardline is so much more complicated no?

Comment

Yes and No.

Requires about the same in planning, and a few extra tools, and a good degree of patience.
                but you can make some of the tighter corners easier with bends.
                cost would be a little more, unless you've got your own heatgun, hand saw and sandpaper.

that said, its not for everybody. but those who end up going to hardline, never go back.
                HAF932 Mods
                C70 Mods

Comment

I'm with Bungwirez on the hard tube. The last 3 builds I have done for myself and customers have all been with PETG tube. I avoid flexible tubing as much as possible now. The question I ask you is, how much building do you plan on doing? If you're going to be building a number of systems, then invest in the tools and such for hardline tubbing. Once you get the "knack" for bending, the only limit really is your imagination.

Comment

Working...
                  X