Coolant Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant Change

Hey guys how goes the winter? I am currently using coolant from swiftech for my loop. Me thinking that when I got into water cooling that since I bought a swiftech pump, cpu block and rad that I should run their coolant for warrenty purposes. But after I had bought it all I realized that using their coolant for warranty was not something I needed to worry about. I now would like to use a better coolant like the Ice Dragon Coolant. I would like to know what the proper steps to using it will be. I know I have to flush the system with distilled water. Not sure if I should use the distilled water from a pharmacy or use the distilled water from Feser?

http://www.dazmode.com/store/product...er_pure_water/

When I had added another rad to my system and 2 gpu blocks I had to change the tubing around. I noticed that inside my tubing was a greenish residue left behind inside the tubing from the coolant.
    Should I change the tubing before I flush it or after?
    Or should I flush it with cheap distilled water from the pharmacy then change tubing and flush it with the Feser Bi-Distilled?

Thanks for help and opinions.

Brad

step one: go to nearest supermarket and buy a decent amount of distilled water

step two: flush loop

step three: add new coolant

step four: fap while airing out loop

step five: enjoy

FYI you don't really need ice dragon you can just use distilled + dazprotect and have almost the same performance for 1/3 of the cost.

Comment

All Valid points magicwizard
      but you must admit that the icedragon milk look is Cool

Comment

You must FAP with IDC.
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

excuse my noobness what does fap stand for?

Comment

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
            excuse my noobness what does fap stand for?
            spanking the monkey sound = "fap fap fap fap fap"
            HAF932 Mods
            C70 Mods

Comment

Lol
              Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
              OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
              Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

lol tooo funny!! My WoW banker toon was called Fappy!!!!
                Stubs

Comment

To be on the safe side, I would change the tubing for new. I don't think I've ever heard of someone getting the colour out of their tube just by flushing with distilled water.
                  Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Alright boys... hands up front...

So Brad... to be a little more helpful, Magiwiz is on the mark here.
                    the real question in my mind is "how much flushing is enough?"
                    and that is really up to you to decide...

Originally posted by CanadianBoy View Post
                    .... I noticed that inside my tubing was a greenish residue left behind inside the tubing from the coolant. Should I change the tubing before I flush it or after? Or should I flush it with cheap distilled water from the pharmacy then change tubing and flush it with the Feser Bi-Distilled?
                    residue is most likely the inner tube breaking down.. common problem.. changing the tube is innevitable.
                    if I'm changing all my tubes, then I want to get everything apart and give it all a good scrubbing...

I am all about the sink and good ole hot tap water... good enough to clean out my rads...
                    But I always follow it up with purge or two of distilled...
                    you could put the flushed liquid through a cheese clothe to see if you are getting sediment or other guck.
                    No guck = win.

Best Coolant IMO: Pharmacy grade distilled H2O and Dazmode Protect.
                    Best Fancy Coolant: IceDragon White Nano stuff... pricey, but very cool factor.
                    HAF932 Mods
                    C70 Mods

Comment

I'd like to point that in any circumstances you shouldn't add water to Ice Dragon liquid, as it turns it to a brick. Make sure you have no water left before adding ID liquid.
                      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                      Venom Build: Build Log,
                      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                      Orange Build: Final Video
                      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

hey daz. did you mean to say do not add any water to Ice Dragon?

Comment

Corrected.
                          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                          Venom Build: Build Log,
                          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                          Orange Build: Final Video
                          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Working...
                          X