• Time
  • Show
Clear All

see if you can limit his text colour choices? Testy isn't he, lol
    Blackout
    Something-New
    Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Typical jerk that does not bother to read the rules first and then whine and bitch when he doesn't get his way. Time to grow up !
      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Accosted.

LOL

Instead of just waiting until the link gets approved they just ran off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	13259082337.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	76827
        DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Will do. Byesies!
          Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
          Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

Originally posted by Hardliner View Post
            Hi, I am looking for non-UV purple LED's to put inside my Corsair 900D case along with my PETG tubing. I have read that extended periods of exposure to UV light can make PETG tubing unstable. Most sites through which I search, though, have only 'UV purple' LED's and not just regular, 'non-UV purple' LED's. Could anyone direct me to a site or sites (competition lowers prices) that actually have non-UV purple LED's?
            Originally posted by DazMode View Post
            C'n guys, this is juniour high school physics ... Purple = UV.

after 410nm glowing effect goes down to hill.
            DazMode, there are different shades of "purple", just like every other (insert name of color here). Besides "violet" (near-UV; ~400 nm), it is also possible to produce "purple"-ish shades by blending blue with red, as has been suggested by other posters recommending use of RGB light strips. For reasons unknown, to most people this technically "magenta" combination looks very similar to violet.

Hardliner, there are in fact non-UV "purple" LEDs available, though they are very hard to find. They typically use a blue LED chip combined with a red-emitting phosphor. This same technique is used to make so-called "pink" (really magenta) LEDs too; the difference being that "purple" LEDs typically have less of the red phosphor, so they look more bluish. See http://www.ledmuseum.net/ledpur.htm for photos and spectrograms of part numbers SSL-LX5093VC (Lumex) and ETG-5AX420-15 (ETG). This page is quite old, but I know that the Lumex part is still available. You can also get this 5mm Violet LED from superbrightleds.com too.

Those are all 5 mm (T-1 3/4) through-hole component LEDs, so you will have to solder them and provide the correct current-limiting series resistance yourself. I've been trying to locate 3 mm (T-1) non-UV purple LEDs for myself with very little success. This LC LED-300TP4G is the only one I've found so far, but it's rather expensive at USD $1.58 each with a minimum order of 15 pieces. Australian website ledsales.com.au has this round-topped and this flat-topped version, both of which they call "pink" but appear more like purple in their photos. I'm not sure if I want to try them yet. Similarly, Futurlec has this 5 mm and this 3 mm LEDs which they call "purple", but their so-called "datasheet" links don't actually provide full data (no wavelength or spectrogram info), so it isn't possible to determine if they are phosphor purple or UV purple. I've tried emailing them but got no response yet.

HTH

Comment

Indeed. I have some Pink LED that in fact Blue with red phosphor coating. White are also just Blue with yellow coating.

On practice I noticed that even Blue and RGB Purle make thing glow as well, so I do see any solution around it.
              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
              Venom Build: Build Log,
              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
              Orange Build: Final Video
              HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

UPDATE: rapidonline.com sells a line of LEDs in a wide palette of novelty and pastel colours called TruOpto. You can get them in 5 mm T-1 3/4 and 3 mm T-1 sizes. The LEDs are cheap enough, but shipping outside the UK and EU is very expensive for small purchases -- they don't seem to offer the inexpensive "small packet" option, only DHL at a minimum of about USD $30. They have at least 3 shades in the "purple" range: Magenta, Lavender and Sakura. Lavender appears to be a noticably pastel shade; bluish purple leaning toward white, while Sakura seems to be a more saturated version of about the same hue (bluish purple with less white).
                Last edited by Scotophor; 02-26-2016, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                  On practice I noticed that even Blue and RGB Purle make thing glow as well, so I do see any solution around it.
                  Blue light does stimulate fluorescence in many substances that fluoresce under UV. But just because blue light will also make them glow, does not mean that it is doing the same damage that UV does. I'm sure PETG tubing will last much longer under phosphor purple or RGB LED lighting than it will under ~400 nm UV LED lighting.
                  Last edited by Scotophor; 02-26-2016, 11:07 PM.

Comment

UPDATE: I found an eBay seller in the UK offering the TruOpto LEDs with much cheaper shipping to the U.S. I bought the 3 mm Sakura and Lavender colors. I also already have some of the 5mm Violet LEDs from superbrightleds.com, left over from a previous project. I wanted something to replace the keypad lighting in a vintage novelty landline telephone that I have. It's clear with interior parts painted white, and it's illuminated with a "U"-shaped neon tube that lights up a pastel purple, but the stock keypad lighting is from standard green LEDs, which clashes terribly, even though the neon tube and the keypad lighting are never on at the same time. I'm sure the phone was made when the only LED colors available were red, orange, yellow and yellowish-green.

Comparing these three purple LED colors, I found that the Violet from superbrightleds.com is fully saturated with no hint of "whiteness" at all but leaning slightly toward magenta (reddish). The Sakura by TruOpto is a somewhat white-ish medium pastel purple, almost a perfect match to the neon phone. The Lavender by TruOpto is almost pure white with just a hint of purple, much whiter than the photos from the sellers depict. No points for guessing which color I'm going to install in the phone!
                    Last edited by Scotophor; 03-11-2016, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X