Residue in loop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Residue in loop?

Hey, just wondering if anyone has seen this in their loop. I have some blue/green residue in a few locations, and I'm sure there is a lot more but just can't be seen since all the rest of my waterblocks are black acetate. Images can be clicked on so you can view the original size to see if that helps.

Just to note, since I found this on Oct 5th, the computer has been turned off to prevent any further damage to any of the components. Have not began disassembling the loop yet to investigate further, as current circumstance has been preventing me until today.

I used deionized water with some of the DazMode Protector. It may have been at a (much) higher concentration as I filled the loop with just the water initially, and then afterwards pulled enough water out to toss the entire 100ml bottle into the loop. Is there a possibility that this may have caused it?
    Last edited by LiQuiD DiGitZ; 10-17-2015, 11:51 PM. Reason: Adding additional info

Normally I would have monitored the loop and workstation, but ran into some issues. Right off the bat, the bitspower flow meter with sensor didn't work when I put everything together in September, but since there weren't any leaks initially I didn't worry too much about it.

In January, my 3 year old daughter and I ended up moving from Edmonton to Calgary so she could undergo treatment for a very rare form of leukemia that is considered aggressive. Her treatment was supposed to only take three months before coming back home, but instead the treatment ended up causing a number of side effects. During her time in the hospital, I was at her bedside the entire time, which prevented me from checking on the computer while it was running. Due to the circumstances with the side effects, her and I were airlifted from Calgary and brought back to Edmonton so should could be comfortable at the beginning of October, and unfortunately had passed away on Oct. 5th. That night is when I first seen the computer in 9 months, and this is all that I came to see.

Comment

So sorry to hear this, my condolences.

Looks like plastizer to me
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
        So sorry to hear this, my condolences.

Looks like plastizer to me
        Thanks for the reply Hooded.

What is the recommended process on cleaning the blocks, tubing, etc. ?

I was just thinking of using isopropyl alcohol to clean everything, with a soft toothbrush on the blocks, while the tubing I'd just swish some around in each length of tubing. With the tubing being flex tubing, I'm not sure if I'd be doing further damage or wouldn't be cleaning everything correctly and want to verify before I go in and destroy everything.

Comment

Some vinegar and water. Had it happen to me before, couple of washes of 50/50 vigenar/water got rid of all of it.

Comment

Follow that wash with a darn good rinse in distilled water
            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

If you got plasticizer build up, and have torn down your build to clean.... might as well get some new tube.

My condolences as well Friend. Life is precious and many of us never realize.
              HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

Sorry to hear this, my condolences.

I don't think that little of junk in the loop affects you in any significant way, but if that bother you, you can clean it up.
                Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                Venom Build: Build Log,
                Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                Orange Build: Final Video
                HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Working...
                X